Stat of the night... | Syracusefan.com

Stat of the night...

nnyorange

Walk On
It wasn't a sellout, but close enough. Last night's game attracted the largest crowd ever to see a first four game in the University of Dayton arena. And from the look and sound of things on tv, I don't think it was ASU fans. SU has the most underrated "traveling" fan base in all of sports.

It wasn't a sellout, but close enough. Last night's game attracted the largest crowd ever to see a first four game in the University of Dayton arena. And from the look and sound of things on tv, I don't think it was ASU fans. SU has the most underrated "traveling" fan base in all of sports.

Didn’t really hear the SU crowd until late in the second half. I don’t doubt that they were there en masse for SU but they didn’t seem to be too loud.

Agree with your overall point though. Cuse nation travels well.

I don't know, from the TV broadcast, seemed ASU was represented well. They had the FT screamer and they had the crying kid. No discernable SU chants were heard.

Great win!!

That was cool to see a full house on TV. So many NCAA games in recent years have been played in half-empty arenas. I don't know if the problem is with pods or Stubhub or pace of play (and ridiculously long NCAA timeouts and halftimes) or what, but the atmosphere is way different than it was 20 years ago. Nice job by the traveling fans and I assume by a bunch of hoops fans in the Dayton area.

That was cool to see a full house on TV. So many NCAA games in recent years have been played in half-empty arenas. I don't know if the problem is with pods or Stubhub or pace of play (and ridiculously long NCAA timeouts and halftimes) or what, but the atmosphere is way different than it was 20 years ago. Nice job by the traveling fans and I assume by a bunch of hoops fans in the Dayton area.

I think the ability to watch every game at home now has made a big difference. Back in the day, you only got one game on CBS.

I don't know, from the TV broadcast, seemed ASU was represented well. They had the FT screamer and they had the crying kid. No discernable SU chants were heard.

Great win!!
Omg. Every stadium needs to have a rule in effect that kicks out any screamer after they've done it twice.

that witch. She's the person I was most happy upsetting when we won.

Omg. Every stadium needs to have a rule in effect that kicks out any screamer after they've done it twice.

I'm a jerk so I go with upsetting the child.

How do you even allow that? She must have been insulated by like 10 rows of ASU fans. I'd hate it if we had a fan that did it as well. So obnoxious.

I used to travel to a first round site every year and stopped attending the games because they take forever. The extended halftime, the long TO's. NOw I just hang out at a fun bar and soak up the atmosphere and watch whatever game actually has action.

I used to travel to a first round site every year and stopped attending the games because they take forever. The extended halftime, the long TO's. NOw I just hang out at a fun bar and soak up the atmosphere and watch whatever game actually has action.

The long timeouts while they roll NCAA trivia questions on the scoreboard...just brutal. It might even be worse than college football games with the long breaks.

Another example of NCAA greed making the game worse, if you ask me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom