Statement from Dr Gross | Syracusefan.com

Statement from Dr Gross

I like this statement:

We are fully committed to continuing SU Football’s successful trajectory and the commitment, work ethic, integrity, and support for the personal and academic development of our student-athletes that Doug and his coaching staff embedded in the program. Moving forward, we have full confidence in Dr. Daryl Gross to find the right successor to build on this success.”

It remains to be seen how committed they truly are, but to to stress the direction of "trajectory" is telling. To me it means that the BOT wants to get back to being a perennial Top 25 team.

I like this statement:

We are fully committed to continuing SU Football’s successful trajectory and the commitment, work ethic, integrity, and support for the personal and academic development of our student-athletes that Doug and his coaching staff embedded in the program. Moving forward, we have full confidence in Dr. Daryl Gross to find the right successor to build on this success.”

It remains to be seen how committed they truly are, but to to stress the direction of "trajectory" is telling. To me it means that the BOT wants to get back to being a perennial Top 25 team.
Shouldn't that have always been the goal?

I am glad he and the university responded officially.

I had this sour feeling he was packing boxes in his office this morning and would be meeting the real estate agent and the movers at his house today at 3:00pm.

...and hired as AD somewhere else by Wednesday...

Which, of course , with a lame duck chancellor, AD with (maybe) one foot out the door and no HC, would mean the program is:

2012-Browns.jpeg

OK, we've heard the platitudes.

Now what are the details pertaining to the search for the next head coach?

Prove it, Daryl: make a statement on the IFC. Until then, you are all hat and no cattle.

I like this statement:

those are words, not action.

I am glad he and the university responded officially.

I had this sour feeling he was packing boxes in his office this morning and would be meeting the real estate agent and the movers at his house today at 3:00pm.

...and hired as AD somewhere else by Wednesday...
Who has an AD opening? I honestly don't know because I haven't seen any stories about major AD vacancies.

Who has an AD opening? I honestly don't know because I haven't seen any stories about major AD vacancies.

I think Ga Tech. I believe their current AD left for Clemson.

Prove it, Daryl: make a statement on the IFC. Until then, you are all hat and no cattle.
The only detail that will come out of the AD's office will be after they hire someone. Until then, nada from that office. However, we may hear rumors of mysterious coach-looking men traveling to and from Hancock.

The only detail that will come out of the AD's office will be after they hire someone. Until then, nada from that office. However, we may hear rumors of mysterious coach-looking men traveling to and from Hancock.
Tom Penders seen at airport.

Yes indeed, our Orange Fan spies have many many eyes all over the nation. I've heard Lee Corso and Lou Holtz will be the first two offered.

That is a question better posed to ex-Chancellor Shaw.

I think the whole Chancellor angle is overplayed here. Whoever the chancellor will be (or has been in the past) understands that big time sports is important to this university. Everyone likes to take a dump on Shaw but he also presided during the longest sustained period of success for football at SU. He was also the president of Wisconsin when they hired Alvarez. The talk of Gross bailing because he knows the new chancellor isn't going to support him like Nancy is nonsense. The board will hire someone who understands major conference athletics and likely someone who comes from a school where they play major conference athletics.

Partly because he hired an Ivy league football coach with no experience, except for football as AD, which was cheap to do at the time. Buzz and Jake were quite happy with things, the state and season ticket holders paid for the Dome which made the 80's great. The lack of expenditure's when both the basketball, and football program were doing well is a direct reflection on Buzz and Jake. Buzz and Jake were both good men, but in the scheme of running big time athletics neither understood, or had a vision for the future.

The only thing i want to hear from Dr. Gross is "Syracuse University is proud to have as there next coach Bob Diaco."

I have no interest in a splash type coach, that isn't an effective way of choosing a coach... by catering to the masses. Gross should have somebody doing research every hour of every day on the possible hires and then going over the reports and evaluating the best options.

Partly because he hired an Ivy league football coach with no experience, except for football as AD, which was cheap to do at the time.
??

Jake was AD well before Buzz made it to Syracuse.

Partly because he hired an Ivy league football coach with no experience, except for football as AD, which was cheap to do at the time. Buzz and Jake were quite happy with things, the state and season ticket holders paid for the Dome which made the 80's great. The lack of expenditure's when both the basketball, and football program were doing well is a direct reflection on Buzz and Jake. Buzz and Jake were both good men, but in the scheme of running big time athletics neither understood, or had a vision for the future.
Mel Eggers was Chancellor when the Dome was proposed/built.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom