Stats Show End of Game Fouling Succeeds | Syracusefan.com

Stats Show End of Game Fouling Succeeds

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
Anyone catch a segment on ESPNU College Basketball Scoreboard last night? Deeno Gaudio (former Wake Forest coach) did a segment prompted by the end of the SU-Nova game about whether a coach should elect to foul when up 3 with less than 10 seconds to play. According to Gaudio absolutely yes. He cited statistics that show that teams that fouled in that situation, taking away the other team's opportunity to get off a tying 3 pt attempt, won 96% of the time. The team shooting the FT's was able to rebound an intentional miss only 6% of the time. The odds are greatly in your favor to foul. I wish JB would see that segment. Most coaches who don't foul are afraid one of their guys will foul a shooter behind the arc in the act awarding 3 FT's. Yesterday, since Yarou grabbed the offensive reb in the paint and was clearly looking to pass, if CJ or Rak had just fouled him it would have been game over. But I'm sure that if they had, JB would have killed them on the spot.

Cj probably should have either fouled or let yarou score after they missed the first 3. Tough to pull that trigger in the heat of the moment.

Hard to believe as physical as that game was we were not in the double bonus at the end of that game. Ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yesterday, since Yarou grabbed the offensive reb in the paint and was clearly looking to pass, if CJ or Rak had just fouled him it would have been game over. But I'm sure that if they had, JB would have killed them on the spot.

Not at all. JB even said he wished they fouled yarou but it's tough to think it thru that quick or something like that. Boeheim is actually one of the pioneers of fouling when up 3. Just didn't execute it yesterday for some reason

Not at all. JB even said he wished they fouled yarou but it's tough to think it thru that quick or something like that. Boeheim is actually one of the pioneers of fouling when up 3. Just didn't execute it yesterday for some reason
That and fouling at the end of the game with fouls to give. Just wasn't our day.

Hard to believe as physical as that game was we were not in the double bonus at the end of that game. Ridiculous.

I was at the game, and remember looking at the scoreboard in the second half around the second media timeout and saw Nova already had 6 uls, so I thgought to myself that we'd be shooting a lot of free throws the rest of the way. Then when they fouled MCW with 15 seconds left or whatever it was, that was the 9th team foul.

Heat of the moment, tough to think in that spot for CJ. He was out of it all day it seemed, he should have just got the rebound and all is well or ideally fouled but with a split second decision you can't blame him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom