Steph Curry's daughter at press conferences | Syracusefan.com

Steph Curry's daughter at press conferences

Eric15

Living Legend
I say this as someone who absolutely loves little kids... I think it's strange for Curry to bring his very cute toddler daughter to press conferences.

The media has a job to do and they have deadlines, and it seems like she is a distraction. If I brought my 10-month-old son (who loves exploring his vocal cords) to a professional meeting, people would look at me like I have two heads.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/she...ps-stephen-curry-deliver-mvp-press-conference

I say this as someone who absolutely loves little kids... I think it's strange for Curry to bring his very cute toddler daughter to press conferences.

The media has a job to do and they have deadlines, and it seems like she is a distraction. If I brought my 10-month-old son (who loves exploring his vocal cords) to a professional meeting, people would look at me like I have two heads.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/05/she...ps-stephen-curry-deliver-mvp-press-conference

They just won the Conference Finals. Let him celebrate with his family. I'm sure he did it yesterday to throw it in the medias face. The only people it really annoys are writers, and frankly who cares.

I put this in the JB press conference behavior complaints file..... I understand why members of the media may be annoyed, but as a fan why should I care?

I try to be mindful of other people's feelings, but I could not care less if members of the sports media are annoyed. They anoint themselves athletic and moral judges of all the people they write about but get all huffy and indignant if any of the people they write about push back.

I understand why members of the media may be annoyed, but as a fan why should I care?

It's extraordinary insignificant in the big scheme of things... but so are 99% of the things we talk about on here. ;)

If the kid is old/mature enough to sit quietly and let his/her Dad answer questions (like Chris Paul and Blake Griffin's sons) then great.

Imagine game day for a hugely important game like this. Curry probably arrives at the stadium sometime around mid-day, the team watches film / has shoot around. Meetings all day long to ensure that the team is ready. Team meal, followed by all the prep that goes into ramping up to play. Then you have the three hour game.

He probably didn't see his two year old kid literally all day long, and was finding a way to spend time with her.

He absolutely did that to throw it in the media's face. Certain media pointed out that she was a distraction and they hadn't even won the series, so...when they won the series, he brought her with him. I think it's awesome and i'm not sure why it's a big deal now. Athletes, especially NBA stars, do this all the time with their kids.

I'm sure if LeBron trots out his 7-month-old daughter for a press conference that it will be universally applauded and embraced. I can see/hear the vitriol now.

As far as Curry and his daughter, screw the reporters, I was one for years, I never would ask a good question for these other yahoos to rip off, good reporters have sources, they don't just rely on press conferences. Curry's daughter's act is cute once, then it's trite and stale, unless the kid could just sit there and be cute, like Chris Paul's son, Derrick Rose's son, all the cute little players' kids. Good thing they didn't do this when Dominique Wilkins was in the league, there wouldn't be room on the dais for all his progenies.

Last edited:
I have no problem with it, as long as you don't pull a Dusty Baker, and have your kid almost trampled over by a big league player.

They have no business being at the press conference. The media people have jobs and families as well and they are trying to get crap done. I dont understand the lack of empathy for those people just because you aren't one of them. Go use that line of thinking in all walks of your life and see how that works out for you, oh wait, some of you probably already do and that is why people probably think you are s.

I have a four year old and a 1 year old and love kids. I dont see why I cant at the same time feel they dont belong at a press conference.

If you are so interested in their kids, im sure they can arrange a reality show for you.

If I was covering this...the first time he did it I would (silently) thank him.
He's given me a much better story than the usual post game platitudes.

But now it's getting kind of stale.
Cute kid... and she is more interesting on the podium than her dad.
But too much "cute" becomes tedious.

Just tell us who has a more significant role for his team you or LeBron...and go backstage to play with her.
(Although I have a feeling he hands her off to her mom right after the news conference).

Players should start bringing their parents to these snooze conferences. I'd much rather see Steph's mom (hey, buddy. watch those fists!).

sonya-curry-2.jpg

They have no business being at the press conference. The media people have jobs and families as well and they are trying to get crap done. I dont understand the lack of empathy for those people just because you aren't one of them. Go use that line of thinking in all walks of your life and see how that works out for you, oh wait, some of you probably already do and that is why people probably think you are . . . . . . . s.

I have a four year old and a 1 year old and love kids. I dont see why I cant at the same time feel they dont belong at a press conference.

If you are so interested in their kids, im sure they can arrange a reality show for you.

Somebody say reality show?
http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015...-adorable-stephen-curry-daughter-cooking-show