sterling baffles me | Syracusefan.com

sterling baffles me

Millhouse

Living Legend
i am not in doubt that sterling is a racist. i just think he's the rare racist who is so interested in the NBA that he owns a team and has a black girlfriend.

now i know lots of people are racist between the ears but not below the belt (i always thought monster's ball was odd. lots of racists would make an exception for a woman so hot the best makeup people in the world can't make her un-hot halle berry)

now v stifiano is not halle berry. i think V stands for Vincent, she has the shemale thing going on. but to an 80 year old slob, she probably looks pretty great.

and i know lots of racists are perfectly happy to be entertained by black people

but still, the combination of all of it is so weird

sterling could've just sold the team and been like every other idiot racist who thinks that NBA players are lazy (wrong) can't shoot (wrong) and play no defense

In 2009, David Geffin offered Donald Sterling 1.5 BILLION dollars for the Clippers. Geffin was going to use his relationship with Maverick Carter to get Lebron James in 2010. Lebron probably would have gone out to LA if Geffin owned the Lakers. Sterling is a fool who kept the Clippers so he would be somebody of significance in LA and people would know who he is and kiss his ring Godfather style. Instead, of selling the team when for all that money he stayed on. The Clippers only became relevant by accident they lucked out the right year in the lottery with Blake Griffin, David Stern gift wrapped him Chris Paul and Doc Rivers just wanted to win so bad he took the man's money.

In 2009, David Geffin offered Donald Sterling 1.5 BILLION dollars for the Clippers. Geffin was going to use his relationship with Maverick Carter to get Lebron James in 2010. Lebron probably would have gone out to LA if Geffin owned the Lakers. Sterling is a fool who kept the Clippers so he would be somebody of significance in LA and people would know who he is and kiss his ring Godfather style. Instead, of selling the team when for all that money he stayed on. The Clippers only became relevant by accident they lucked out the right year in the lottery with Blake Griffin, David Stern gift wrapped him Chris Paul and Doc Rivers just wanted to win so bad he took the man's money.
I heard that Sterling has never sold any investment which he purchased. Amazing. He just holds and holds while values grow and grow.

With his statements to her to go out and sleep with whoever she wants I thought he might have some sort of racial humiliation/cuckold fetish.
Thread-Direction.jpg

Yeah - was supposed to be a humorous take on being baffled by Sterling. But while I still find the notion funny, it is more than a little creepy. So I deleted it.

Yeah - was supposed to be a humorous take on being baffled by Sterling. But while I still find the notion funny, it is more than a little creepy. So I deleted it.
You shoulda left it! We could've turned this thread into the next Bjorn-type deal... or some such.

Well, now we'll never know.

[Trundles off in a huff, muttering to self.]

I can't seem to find anything that really explains this story well, and having been on the road when the story broke I don't really get what is going on.

So what was the deal - was he feeling threatened emotionally by his girlfriend having the guys come to the game, or was it that he just didn't want her to bring black friends? I mean the former is maybe not totally racist while the latter is, both are problematic. But I just wonder if this is more about him being insecure in that relationship than about big time racism. maybe he just thinks black guys are more threatening which is maybe tinged in racism but not as bad as people are saying.

Again having not read a full account I have no idea so interested to hear thoughts.

i think there's something to that

?????, strange post. Blake Griffin up until this year has really been just a dunk highlight show and showed himself quite soft at times. The Clips have made some good moves past 3-4 years. I'm not endorsing Sterling and sure I found the Chris Paul thing odd but by accident? He got a great head coach as well. Vinny D wasn't horrible but they wanted a championship. They have good guard depth as well. Sterling isn't an idiot just an old racist bastard

?????, strange post. Blake Griffin up until this year has really been just a dunk highlight show and showed himself quite soft at times. The Clips have made some good moves past 3-4 years. I'm not endorsing Sterling and sure I found the Chris Paul thing odd but by accident? He got a great head coach as well. Vinny D wasn't horrible but they wanted a championship. They have good guard depth as well. Sterling isn't an idiot just an old racist
Blake Griffin is a 4 time All-Star, has made All NBA 2nd team two times, and will likely make it a 3rd time this year, was Rookie of the Year in 2011. He has had his best all-around season this year, but don't make it out like he has been just a dunk show. He has had a lot of nasty dunks, but his coaching he received from Vinny Del Negro was sub-par compared to Doc Rivers.

The Clippers had Chris Paul gift wrapped to them by David Stern. The Hornets got Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Gordon, and 1st round pick instead of Lamar Odom, Gorrin Dragic, Jeremy Lamb. Dragic is the best player out of any of those guys. Stern F'ed the Lakers and gave Paul to the CLippers. The guard depth and team depth is directly related to having Paul, Jordan, Griffin, and having Doc Rivers. They traded Eric Bledsoe for JJ Reddick, and Jared Dudley.

I think the bottom line is there are a lot of crazy people in the world which is why we have 4 million hours of reality shows each week. Although some of those people are obviously not being "real"

?????, strange post. Blake Griffin up until this year has really been just a dunk highlight show and showed himself quite soft at times. The Clips have made some good moves past 3-4 years. I'm not endorsing Sterling and sure I found the Chris Paul thing odd but by accident? He got a great head coach as well. Vinny D wasn't horrible but they wanted a championship. They have good guard depth as well. Sterling isn't an idiot just an old racist
There's a reason the Clippers were arguably the worst franchise in sports for 95% of his tenure there. Nobody ever accused him of being a good owner.

I heard that Sterling has never sold any investment which he purchased. Amazing. He just holds and holds while values grow and grow.
He made most of his money in real estate- and in investor parlance, he would be referred to as a "buy-and-hold" guy. Instead of flipping, or rehabbing, or building & developing for profit, he simply buys and holds the asset for cashflow while it appreciates. Alot of "slumlords" follow that real estate niche: Buy the property cheap, raise the rents, boot the tenants if they can't pay, and hold for cashflow. Until recently, Sterling ran the Clippers in the same manner. He never cared about investing in the team re wins or losses, it was always about lowering holding costs, and maintaining profit and cashflow.

Blake Griffin is a 4 time All-Star, has made All NBA 2nd team two times, and will likely make it a 3rd time this year, was Rookie of the Year in 2011. He has had his best all-around season this year, but don't make it out like he has been just a dunk show. He has had a lot of nasty dunks, but his coaching he received from Vinny Del Negro was sub-par compared to Doc Rivers.

The Clippers had Chris Paul gift wrapped to them by David Stern. The Hornets got Al-Farouq Aminu, Eric Gordon, and 1st round pick instead of Lamar Odom, Gorrin Dragic, Jeremy Lamb. Dragic is the best player out of any of those guys. Stern F'ed the Lakers and gave Paul to the CLippers. The guard depth and team depth is directly related to having Paul, Jordan, Griffin, and having Doc Rivers. They traded Eric Bledsoe for JJ Reddick, and Jared Dudley.
Wonder if Bledsoe would have matured as well as he did for Phoenix if he stayed in LA.

i am not in doubt that sterling is a racist. i just think he's the rare racist who is so interested in the NBA that he owns a team and has a black girlfriend.

now i know lots of people are racist between the ears but not below the belt (i always thought monster's ball was odd. lots of racists would make an exception for a woman so hot the best makeup people in the world can't make her un-hot halle berry)

now v stifiano is not halle berry. i think V stands for Vincent, she has the shemale thing going on. but to an 80 year old slob, she probably looks pretty great.

and i know lots of racists are perfectly happy to be entertained by black people

but still, the combination of all of it is so weird

sterling could've just sold the team and been like every other idiot racist who thinks that NBA players are lazy (wrong) can't shoot (wrong) and play no defense

This is probably the greatest piece on racism I've ever seen in my life:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7nnos...rontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--1---uncensored

The levels of irony are breathtaking!