Steve Mahar transferring to Duquesne | Syracusefan.com

Steve Mahar transferring to Duquesne

IMG_9208.jpeg

I think another case of no room at the inn. I’d like to think if HCFB wanted to keep any of these guys, he could probably re-recruit them.

Last edited:
Another bummer, I was looking forward to Mahar being an impact player.

Guy could have evolved into a tackle and been a stud. Oh well.

Most Syracuse fan response ever ;)
Yeah. He came to Syracuse I believe because we were the only school willing to give him a shot at TE. Just always thought he would end up at tackle after a year or two.

No injured.

I was curious how many years he has left. This year being a redshirt then he’ll have two.

Good luck to him. Basically no stats in 20 games played.

Yeah. He came to Syracuse I believe because we were the only school willing to give him a shot at TE. Just always thought he would end up at tackle after a year or two.
Sarcasm?

Yeah another chronically injured guy - hope he latches on somewhere that's a good fit for him. Sometimes a fresh start is best for everyone.

Sarcasm?
No not at all, genuine. I know allot of people thought he could turn into a legitimate TE. It just looked to me like he had a great frame to add weight and move positions. Not sure why you thought my post was sarcastic?

No not at all, genuine. I know allot of people thought he could turn into a legitimate TE. It just looked to me like he had a great frame to add weight and move positions. Not sure why you thought my post was sarcastic?
Because I think he would have added more weight here If he could have. Wasn’t he only 235’ish?

Certainly didn’t think he was going to get anywhere near tackle size.

Last edited:
WcUss j think he would have added more weight here If he could have. Wasn’t he only 235’ish?

Certainly didn’t think he was going to get anywhere near tackle size.
Listed at 6’5 240 pounds. You don’t think he could add size and mass to a 6’5 frame at 240 over a couple years? Not saying he would be 330 pounds but a LT at 6’ 5 300/310 would be possible reasonably easy under a balanced program.

Listed at 6’5 240 pounds. You don’t think he could add size and mass to a 6’5 frame at 240 over a couple years? Not saying he would be 330 pounds but a LT at 6’ 5 300/310 would be possible reasonably easy under a balanced program.
I believe Andrew Dees did that.

It is possible for someone his size. But I think you are really underestimating how unlikely that is. He had been on campus for several years and hadn’t gained weight. No way he was gaining anywhere near enough to be a tackle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tucker

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom