Still here | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Still here

Pulling
update: not much to report. they claim that the evacuation order has been lifted for agoura hills, but that is only technically true. many people south of the 101 freeway are still unable to return because the canyon roads between the 101 and pch are still closed. we tried to get onto the property with our insurance assessor today but there was a roadblock less than a mile down kanan. why on earth they would let us through only to stop us there makes no sense. but anyway, we still don't know what if any damage we suffered, and we still don't know when we'll be able to move the horses back in. meanwhile, stable charges & hotel bills are accumulating . . .
Pulling for you. Have you considered hiring the services of a company using drones to survey damage?

it's a miracle . . . the fire completely encircled our property but left us mostly untouched!
Aftermath_03.jpg

What a feeling it must have been to see that!

That's great news My company's training headquarters are in Agoura Hills and that building is closed the rest of the week with smoke damage. Some of the pics in that area are just devastating.

you should see it when it's not charcoal
I cut 4 acres of brush around my daughter's home in southern Colorado, kind of in a maintenance cycle. A big fire got within about 10 miles of us in July and I was glad I do that work even though it wasn't tested this time. Looks like you had a good plan when you needed it. You have a lot of hungry mouths to feed. Hope you can get them home soon.

thought i'd make this the general "natural disaster, i'm okay" thread

we spent the night evacuating horses from our ranch. we live in brentwood but our ranch is located in agoura hills, off of kanan road south of the 101 freeway. there is only 1 way in and out, so we began evacuating about 4 hours before the mandatory order came in. we currently board 31 horses so it was a big operation. hauled them all out to the hansen dam equestrian center in sylmar, about 50 miles to the northeast. one of our trainers went rogue & disobeyed our fire protocol. she decided to take her 4 horses to hidden valley, which was also under evacuation orders. she nearly trapped herself & had to evac twice.

i have to make some feed store runs today but otherwise all is ok. no word on whether the fire itself has hit our ranch, but we maintain good brush clearance protocol & i think we'll be ok
if anyone is interested:

four months to the day since i made this post, four months plus one day since our evacuation, we finally re-opened today. well, kind of . we threw a re-opening party in appreciation for our contractors and for the patience of our boarders. we are still waiting for a hay delivery monday so the horses won't move back in until tuesday. it was quite a winter and the abnormally wet and cold southern california weather put us 6 weeks behind schedule, but the place looks amazing, better than new.

Sheet_001.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom