Stole this from another forum, ACC ESPN contract going up to | Syracusefan.com

Stole this from another forum, ACC ESPN contract going up to

ESPN I bet said sign a GOR and you get more $$$. As we predicted they need to protect their properties (ACC). I see them taking care of us with more exposure...great news for Cuse...no so much for UConn and Cincy.

ESPN I bet said sign a GOR and you get more $$$. As we predicted they need to protect their properties (ACC). I see them taking care of us with more exposure...great news for Cuse...no so much for UConn and Cincy.

In the words of the Great Efferr (Marsh):

It still awes me that SU is going from what $5-6M per year to $20 starting July 1. I hope we see some good usage of that money.

It still awes me that SU is going from what $5-6M per year to $20 starting July 1. I hope we see some good usage of that money.

Try $3.3M. Two for football, 1.3 for hoops.

UConn's only hope is: Notre Dame decides they like the ACC enough to join in for FB. If that is the case: I'd tell UConn to fork oover every bit of money Cuse, Pitt, ND, and UL earned for you in the BE settlement. If they say no pick up the phone to Cincy.

Try $3.3M. Two for football, 1.3 for hoops.

Thought I was being too generous. $17M PER YEAR INCREASE. Thank you TGD and Mama Smurf.

UConn's only hope is: Notre Dame decides they like the ACC enough to join in for FB. If that is the case: I'd tell UConn to fork oover every bit of money Cuse, Pitt, ND, and UL earned for you in the BE settlement. If they say no pick up the phone to Cincy.
why even bother? not sure why they'd throw UConn a lifeline even if ND joined for football.

I can't see the ND joining unless they forced to, which would never happen.

why even bother? not sure why they'd throw UConn a lifeline even if ND joined for football.

Nah...just playing out the only play left...we end up at 16. I only see 2 candidates out there for 1 slot: UConn and Cincy.

I'm not saying it happens...just it is UConn's only hope left besides the B12. I really don't see the B1G now going past 14.

I will enjoy this today. But I think the SEC deal announcement will be ice water in the face. I'm guessing it comes in at 30+ million a year.

the ACC is already in new england, next.

it would be cincy. ohio would be nice.

Agree, if ND came all in I would expect the ACC to target a higher profile school. Go the B1G route while they were at 11 until a school came available that improved their conference. I don't see UCONN in its current state being an improvement over sitting at 15.

Agree, if ND came all in I would expect the ACC to target a higher profile school. Go the B1G route while they were at 11 until a school came available that improved their conference. I don't see UCONN in its current state being an improvement over sitting at 15.
Does the playoff system do anything to force ND's hand when it comes to finally picking a conference for fb?

Does the playoff system do anything to force ND's hand when it comes to finally picking a conference for fb?
Not at the moment...they can eat their cake and enjoy it too.

Yes, if ND ever said they were going to be #15, then you are looking like something like Texas or Penn State at 16. Not worth thinking about for another decade or so.

My granddad had a saying "It's not about the money you make, it's about the money you spend." It would be nice if they spent it on the athletic departments, but who's to say the powers that be may see differently and put the money some where else.

#1. IPF
#2. Dome renovations- I was walking around the dome before the spring game some of the concrete could use some touching up, paint job, and get some resturants in there.
#3. lower ticket prices- this may be a dream but at least keep them from going up for the next couple of years.

My granddad had a saying "It's not about the money you make, it's about the money you spend." It would be nice if they spent it on the athletic departments, but who's to say the powers that be may see differently and put the money some where else.

#1. IPF
#2. Dome renovations- I was walking around the dome before the spring game some of the concrete could use some touching up, paint job, and get some resturants in there.
#3. lower ticket prices- this may be a dream but at least keep them from going up for the next couple of years.
#1a. Coaches' salaries.

Thought this was an excellent post from that thread:

If/when the ACC looks for #16, none of those three will be in the crosshairs.

a) If its inclusion means Notre Dame increases its commitment to 8 FB games, then Navy is on the menu.

b) If Texas calls tomorrow (or 2017, or 2025) and informs Swofford of its desire to join, and play 6 games against ACC football members AND allows the ACC to pick the schools (like ND has agreed to), Texas is on the menu. Given what the Texas AD said last year to some boosters, this isn't far fetched.

c) If for some crazy reason, Penn State decides it has more in common with its eastern brethren and has the money to get out of the B1G, Penn State is on the menu.

Otherwise, the ACC will be happy at #15, its football-playing members will happily cash $20M+ checks from ESPN each season (at least into 2017, the look-in year when that $$ amount will increase), plus whatever checks it gets from the NCAA through the basketball tournament.

UConn doesn't have the votes. They'd be fighting a death match for no reason.

USF -- they bring nothing to the ACC that the ACC doesn't already have, AND the league has demonstrated the ability play postseason activities in Tampa.

Cincy -- I like them. However, they don't bring anything into the league that it doesn't already gain through the presence of ND, Louisville, and to some degree, Pitt.

#1. IPF
People have no idea how good they have it with the Carrier Dome's prices. Paying $16 dollars a game for season tickets is unheard of.

I will enjoy this today. But I think the SEC deal announcement will be ice water in the face. I'm guessing it comes in at 30+ million a year.
You're probs right, but why will it matter? How much more can we build? Sure coach salaries will go up when that heppens, but I think that we are going to hit the point where this extra money starts flowing into either A) sports that nobody cares about (i.e. college bowling) or B) academics, and frankly, SU academics are funded WAY better than SEC academics (except for Vandy) and I really don't care if LSU fields an elite bowling team and we don't have a bowling team.

I may regret these words later, but $20+ million from conference TV, $6-8 million from retained rights, $10 million from ACC post season revenue. That's close to $40 million/yr in conference payouts and media revenue. Add in ticket sales, merchandise, and donations, and I have a hard time believing that our facilities and coaches will be anything but top notch.

People have no idea how good they have it with the Carrier Dome's prices. Paying $16 dollars a game for season tickets is unheard of.
Tickets here in Jersey are very high for any sporting event. $16 a ticket is a little more than a movie ticket! I would be at every game!

Theoretically there is a 20% tax to the university general fund and everything else stays with the AD. I wish I knew what their plans are for the remaining surplus over current revenue (should be on order of $17 mil).