Stop and consider what really happened | Syracusefan.com

Stop and consider what really happened

Forloveoforange

Scout Team
Ok, it is possible to come away thinking that Pitino's team won fair and square. But on the other hand, think about what really went on. Pitino intentionally used less important players to intentionally bother our number one ball handler, by doing things that could even start a fight. That is a pretty low class thing to do, in my opinion. A team's number one ball handler needs to be protected better than that by the officials, simple as that.

I hope this is all irrelevant since we are leaving this scummy league now.

The Big Least will now become a CYO Catholic rec league with 22 fans in the bleachers at St. Lupes in Greater Newark...

Louisville & Pitt will suddenly become mediocre programs since they can't beat the better teams with all those players fouling out early...

Ok, it is possible to come away thinking that Pitino's team won fair and square. But on the other hand, think about what really went on. Pitino intentionally used less important players to intentionally bother our number one ball handler, by doing things that could even start a fight. That is a pretty low class thing to do, in my opinion. A team's number one ball handler needs to be protected better than that by the officials, simple as that.

Louisville is a very deep team, and any player on it conceivably could be a starter. There are no less important players on their team. Pitino preaches defense. Their players responded. There is nothing low class about it. Yes, the refs should definitely call more fouls, that made me mad last night. However, given the nature of the game, you play as aggressive defense as you can and see what happens. Defense wins games and leads to offense. It's how SU beat Gtown Friday night.

Louisville is a very deep team, and any player on it conceivably could be a starter. There are no less important players on their team. Pitino preaches defense. Their players responded. There is nothing low class about it. Yes, the refs should definitely call more fouls, that made me mad last night. However, given the nature of the game, you play as aggressive defense as you can and see what happens. Defense wins games and leads to offense. It's how SU beat Gtown Friday night.
I was referring to Ware and Hancock intentionally getting into MCW's head. Do you think those incidents were entirely coincidental, and not planned by Pitino? Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I am not buying the aggressive defense argument. if you can't play aggressively without touching the opposing players all the time, you are not a good defender, & should foul out early, get beat off the dribble, or ride the bench.

Syracuse was the more talented team at nearly every position, & won this game. The refs gave this to Louisville, & it's really that simple.

I was referring to Ware and Hancock intentionally getting into MCW's head. Do you think those incidents were entirely coincidental, and not planned by Pitino? Desperate times call for desperate measures...

I'll take that over Calvin Sampson sending a goon out to intentionally injure Carmelo Anthony.

Our backcourt is soft, in the head. It is a players' fault if somebody can get into their heads.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Our backcourt is soft, in the head. It is a players' fault if somebody can get into their heads.

yep 100%.

i talked about MCW at the line yesterday.

He was prob 0/5ish at this point and we are down 5ish. He goes to the line and he is yelling at the ref as the ref tosses him the ball. Then as he gets the ball he starts yelling at the ville player (tv didnt show who he was yelling at, but you could easily see what he was doing).

he made 1/2... but it just goes to show how these players dont have a sense of urgency at all. He basically shot the ball while still talking to the lville player.

Syracuse was the more talented team at nearly every position, & won this game. [/quote]

Only CJ has a chance to start for Louisville. Dieng is better than all of our centers, combined. Siva is a much better COLLEGE pg as a senior than MCW. Smith v Triche, please. Behanan is a better 4 than James. Pitino would start the defender.

I wish SU had defenders capable of playing the way Siva, Smith and Ware do.

Syracuse was the more talented team at nearly every position, & won this game.

Only CJ has a chance to start for Louisville. Dieng is better than all of our centers, combined. Siva is a much better COLLEGE pg as a senior than MCW. Smith v Triche, please. Behanan is a better 4 than James. Pitino would start the defender.
Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2[/quote]

Gotta agree. The way you stated it really is inarguable imo. (Hard for me to say because I CAN NOT stand Siva. He is the prototypical PunkA$$Bi+ch)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom