Stop with the sweater vest nonsense - he can't coach in NCAA until Dec 2016 | Syracusefan.com

Stop with the sweater vest nonsense - he can't coach in NCAA until Dec 2016

Besides, do we want this jerk here?

This had been pointed out many times...Tressel has a "show cause" condition for 5 years. It does NOT mean that he can't coach in the NCAA until 2016.

Minor correction, he can coach. He is suspended for the first 5 games, a conference CG in the first season and a bowl game in the first season. He did win a National Championship, so he has that going for him.

I agree his character is a major question, but if TGD believes he can work around the issues and install independent compliance controls, I could live with the choice.

There are plenty of others who are qualified or ready to step up, so the point is probably moot.

Tressel got in trouble for letting players sell their jerseys... Something they should be able to do if it wasn't for the stupid NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Only way this all turns out good for SU is hiring Tressel. I can't think of one coach who would even keep our class together. Hackett is NOT ready.

This had been pointed out many times...Tressel has a "show cause" condition for 5 years. It does NOT mean that he can't coach in the NCAA until 2016.

It means that school that hires him has to show cause why they should not be sanctioned. Effectively puts him off limits until Dec 2016.

Tressel got in trouble for letting players sell their jerseys... Something they should be able to do if it wasn't for the stupid NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No, he got in trouble because he lied to NCAA and OSU.

It means that school that hires him has to show cause why they should not be sanctioned. Effectively puts him off limits until Dec 2016.

You might want to Google what the show cause condition means for Tressell. Otherwise, it seems like you are just making stuff up based on the semantics of what you think show cause means.

#1 on my list.

I don't have a #2.

He can coach and recruit without new drapes and plush carpeting.

Agree. He would be on the top of my list as well.

Not a terrible option but you'll basically be pushing the reset button on the last few years of Pasqualoni since his offense is so dull.

People thinking along the lines of recruiter are wrong. SU can't get top 25 recruiting classes based on a coach. Its too cold here, none of these kids can remember McNabb playing here let alone the glory days prior to that, and the facilities suck. People are mentioning poor coaches but good recruiters who rely on big time talent and thats flawed thinking.

You need a guy like Pat Fitzgerald at Northwestern. Unfortunately SU right now prob isn't a better job and we prob couldn't get him.

But my top choices are Herman and HAckett (anyone remember how shitty OSU's offense looked in the summer on that ESPN all access and how they did well when it counted Herman is an awesome coach) since we will dominate the crappy ACC if we can hit a home run and hire a guy like Fitzgerald.

Post PSU, the tattoo scandal seems quaint. I'd sign off on him.

You might want to Google what the show cause condition means for Tressell. Otherwise, it seems like you are just making stuff up based on the semantics of what you think show cause means.
I know what it means - do you?

Tressell's sanction:

Cannot coach first five games
Cannot coach CCG first year
Cannot coach bowl game first year

Once completed, the sanction is over. School may have to submit to closer scrutiny of compliance, but Syracuse works hard to stay clean and if TGD puts in extra checks and balances, I would be OK with Tressell. They guy knows how to win and has a NC under his belt. He coached here before and he has nowhere to go now.

There are plenty of good options, I will see what TGD does before hitting the panic button.

I know what it means - do you?

Where is what I do know...the title of your thread states that "he can't coach in NCAA until Dec 2016." You are dead wrong.

There is absolutely no way anyone is going to hire Tressel including SU.

http://espn.go.com/blog/ncfnation/post/_/id/56110/long-road-back-to-college-for-jim-tressel

"While the show-cause doesn't specifically prevent a team from hiring a coach, it does effectively serve as a ban in practice. Any school that employs Tressel must go before the NCAA infractions committee as to why it should be allowed to do so, and it could face its own sanctions as a result. The school also would have to issue a report to the committee every two months during the show-cause period detailing how it is monitoring the coach. Any additional violations committed by the coach during that time could really bring the NCAA hammer down on that school. And suffice it to say that most athletic programs don't want to spend any more time than absolutely necessary talking to the infractions people.​

No Division I team has ever hired a coach saddled with an ongoing show-cause penalty."​

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom