Strength and Conditioning Under Shafer | Syracusefan.com

Strength and Conditioning Under Shafer

SaltineWar

Scout Team
I like the hard-nosed talk, but does anyone know whether or not Marrone's level of commitment to strength and conditioning has been maintained under Shafer.

This sort of thing should be a given, but the way the Grob Slob let the team get out of shape is still burned into my memory. With less than stellar talent coming in, the one thing 'Cuse can do is work harder than everyone else.

large_Meldrum.jpg

Hopefully there's no more of this.

Well I can say this. I went to Manley during lunch to pick up some of the new posters.

As I passed the weight room, there were about a dozen of our boys getting their lift on. Rarely during HCDM did I see our boys in there during lunch. During the DM era, weights were an early morning routine.

Doubt it means much, but they are definetly in there moving iron around...

The paradigm shift between Shafer and Marrone cannot be as nearly as drastic as the change from Robinson to Marrone.

Well I can say this. I went to Manley during lunch to pick up some of the new posters.

As I passed the weight room, there were about a dozen of our boys getting their lift on. Rarely during HCDM did I see our boys in there during lunch. During the DM era, weights were an early morning routine.

Doubt it means much, but they are definetly in there moving iron around...

Marrone also had them running in sub-zero weather before 6 am in the winter months

Marrone also had them running in sub-zero weather before 6 am in the winter months
I used to do that every day trying to catch the bus at the end of the street!

Well, before 7, anyway.

I like the last one on that page, anyone under 5" tall. That is indeed short.

First bus I ever rode was a short bus actually, to Lakeshore Elementary. Well, a non-"short" short bus, anyway.
That's what all the short bus people think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom