Strickland at safety??? | Syracusefan.com

Strickland at safety???

Old Scout 65

Walk On
Strickland at Safety???

A position of desperate need. He was recruited as a safety by many schools. He has size and speed. We have other running backs. Hopefully he is practicing there on Monday

orangeinjersey said:
he came here to play RB, i doubt he moves to safety

We're not that deep at RB.

Until Morris returns, we're pretty thin.

He's our starting RB.. I mean lets be real here.

Yes, scary thoughts but i think we see a few experimental moves this week. We need drastic help all over the secondary.

Yes, scary thoughts but i think we see a few experimental moves this week. We need drastic help all over the secondary.

Not going to happen. You don't take the starting RB move him to a new position on the other side of the ball, without any prior practice, and have any expectation for him to have an impact one week later.

Someone not playing. Maybe.

we could play bo nance at rb and it would not help---there is no ol

tipphill said:
we could play bo nance at rb and it would not help---there is no ol

King of the overstatement

Why don't we move one of the LBs there, especially since they are prototypical size for a safety.

King of the overstatement
thankyou. i love ur personal attacks especially since u have been so wrong about almost everything that has happened, even prior to the first game. ur assessment of our strengths and what we are going to do have been so vastly out of the park wrong it is amazing. you have our offense overcoming everything, and your defensive analysis has been literally non existent. you think that teams have to keep up with us.
just amazing to me. have u heard of reality testing? urs has been non existent.all the signs were there in the colgate game,ol weakness lack of pass coverage, etc. u did not see any of it.

Last edited:
tipphill said:
thankyou. i love ur personal attacks especially since u have been so wrong about almost everything that has happened, even prior to the first game. ur assessment of our strengths and what we are going to do have been so vastly out of the park wrong it is amazing. you have our offense overcoming everything, and your defensive analysis has been literally non existent. you think that teams have to keep up with us. just amazing to me. have u heard of reality testing? urs has been non existent.

It's seeming that way to because you have no hope. You assume the worst, I assume the best.

If I'm wrong at this juncture it's because we got jumped by a superior team - the O will overcome a lot as they get better. The D is designed to keep things in front of them - this is not in dispute. That they failed is the reason for half the posts after the game.

It's a work in progress. You should try to post things related to that progress not "woe was us" all the time.

It's seeming that way to because you have no hope. You assume the worst, I assume the best.

If I'm wrong at this juncture it's because we got jumped by a superior team - the O will overcome a lot as they get better. The D is designed to keep things in front of them - this is not in dispute. That they failed is the reason for half the posts after the game.

It's a work in progress. You should try to post things related to that progress not "woe was us" all the time.
its not woe is us. it is the current reality, by the way i edited my post previously.what worries me is that the issue went way beyond jackson, at least publicly, it has not been addressed. like i said, what dino does with this will speak volumes. i do not expect that he will miraculously fix it, as the talent is lacking but will he try is my question. i was and am all in on him. i have hope, but that lies in his steps to TRY to manage what are glaring deficiencies. i do not expect a miracle, just wondering if he will try some adjustments.

its not woe is us. it is the current reality, by the way i edited my post previously.what worries me is that the issue went way beyond jackson, at least publicly, it has not been addressed. like i said, what dino does with this will speak volumes. i do not expect that he will miraculously fix it, as the talent is lacking but will he try is my question. i was and am all in on him. i have hope, but that lies in his steps to TRY to manage what are glaring deficiencies. i do not expect a miracle, just wondering if he will try some adjustments.

I don't disagree with you at all, we need to see adjustments on Saturday because USF is a good team and presents many of the same challenges that Lville does but should be a bit more manageable, it's a game we can win but need to play much better. If we don't respond, adjust and improve we could get curb stomped once again. Both sides of the ball are a work in progress. Lets make the corrections, improve and see if we can beat USF.

I agree, we need better athletes everywhere but we also need to win some games and maintain a certain amount of respectability as we get this thing up to speed

I hate the fact that once again, we are rebuilding and it's damn frustrating.. Life as a Syracuse football fan. Not the easiest thing in the world

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom