StubHub reliable? May be able to attend GTOWN... | Syracusefan.com

StubHub reliable? May be able to attend GTOWN...

MCC

Starter
So it appears I'll be able to clear my schedule sufficiently to travel from MA to attend GTOWN. I plan to bring my 7 year old daughter who is a budding SYR fan (she's particularly fond of our fight song, and loves the video of Dont'e Green drumming along with the band in the Dome). She's very well behaved and will not be let loose to traverse the Dome...

In any event, I'm seeking 2. I've checked StubHub and it appears there are some good seats available in the 100's. I can afford the lower level seats and would really like to treat my daughter (and myself as an alum, '93 and fan since I was... well, 7) to the full power of the dark side best Dome experience possible. Is StubHub reliable; i.e. would they offer up 100 level seats if they truly weren't available?

I may come across as paranoid, but I noted CTO's post on the 322/24 sections being opened and became concerned that the 100 level seats may be ephemeral, illusory... you get the idea.

Thanks for any responses and we really look forward to the trip. I plan to take my daughter on a tour of campus (she's especially keen to come up the hill toward Hall of Languages) and spend the weekend in town; any guidance on parking, etc. appreciated!

My wife and I have used StubHub often. We've never had a problem. They are reliable. In fact, our SU tix for Verizon Center in March were gotten via StubHub! Go for it and enjoy the game!

I've never had issue with StubHub. It's a marketplace for people to sell their tickets, so that's why seats are available that otherwise wouldn't be. The sellers either bought too many tickets, can't attend the game, or purchased the tickets to sell them back at a profit.

stubhub is by far the most reliable. but its crazy expensive.

they charge sellers 15% and then buyers 10% (minimum of $5).

StubHub is 100 per cent reliable. I have bought tix three different ways from them -- electronic, instant download and FedEx -- and it's worked perfectly every time. It may seem a bit expensive, but it operates on a free market principle, and sellers charge what they think the market will bear.

StubHub is how I (attempt to) sell my tickets. Tickets should be sent out by 2nd-day FedEx within 2 days of purchase.

StubHub rakes in the $$$, but it's a convenient way to buy & sell. Hopefully a real competitor will appear which should drive the fees down a bit. Lots of wannabes out there, but StubHub is the true leader.

Excellent - thanks to all for the responses. Looks like I'll get 2 in either 123 or 124. Any thoughts on those sections vs. 107 or 110? I haven't been able to get to a game in years due to cancer, recovering from a car plowing into me at 60mph and then raising 3 kids... so I'll take all the advice I can get - and I'll be there!

StubHub is 100 per cent reliable. I have bought tix three different ways from them -- electronic, instant download and FedEx -- and it's worked perfectly every time. It may seem a bit expensive, but it operates on a free market principle, and sellers charge what they think the market will bear.

Thanks Joyce for taking time to respond. This is really important to me as a lifelong fan, alum and Liverpool native. Given what I've been through in the past ~5 years, I'm so happy to be able to get back to Syracuse. And my daughter may be even more excited - I'm so happy I've recovered and can spend time with her, and introduce her to a place I love.

MCC, enjoy. A heartwarming story to hear. Glad you have recovered from so much, and are able to enjoy this experience with your daughter!!

Reactions: MCC
Excellent - thanks to all for the responses. Looks like I'll get 2 in either 123 or 124. Any thoughts on those sections vs. 107 or 110? I haven't been able to get to a game in years due to cancer, recovering from a car plowing into me at 60mph and then raising 3 kids... so I'll take all the advice I can get - and I'll be there!

123/24 are a lot better. hope you and your daughter have a blast.

Reactions: MCC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom