Student Ticket Games in 14-15? | Syracusefan.com

Student Ticket Games in 14-15?

HakAttack

Shirt World Hater, Script Jersey Lover.
Does anyone know which games count towards the student ticket package this year? The website says 14 games while school is in session. Does that count either the December 14th vs. La Tech game or the January 11th vs. Florida St? Finals week ends Friday December 12th and the spring semester doesn't start until January 12th. One of those games would count to make it 14 games (including the two exhibition games.)

Anyone on here also a student season ticket holder and knows the answer?

Does anyone know which games count towards the student ticket package this year? The website says 14 games while school is in session. Does that count either the December 14th vs. La Tech game or the January 11th vs. Florida St? Finals week ends Friday December 12th and the spring semester doesn't start until January 12th. One of those games would count to make it 14 games (including the two exhibition games.)

Anyone on here also a student season ticket holder and knows the answer?

My understanding is that the following would be excluded:

Loyola, Holy Cross, Louisiana Tech, Long Beach State, Colgate, Cornell.

My understanding is that the following would be excluded:

Loyola, Holy Cross, Louisiana Tech, Long Beach State, Colgate, Cornell.

That's what I thought. So that means the FSU game is part of the schedule...with the spring semester starting the next day hopefully the students can have a good turnout.

That's what I thought. So that means the FSU game is part of the schedule...with the spring semester starting the next day hopefully the students can have a good turnout.

Yeah, they've been inconsistent in including that last game during break but I believe it's been included the past couple years. If we're good, it'd be nice to have a lot of students show up for a really weird game time.

Complete and utter joke. For $60k+ a year, SU students should be able to attend any game FOR FREE! Its not like they are ever going to run out of student seating.

Complete and utter joke. For $60k+ a year, SU students should be able to attend any game FOR FREE! Its not like they are ever going to run out of student seating.

The folks at SU have always been about the almighty dollar. I obviously don't follow other college teams as much as SU, but does anyone know of any other schools out there who completely get rid of their student sections when school is not in session???

The folks at SU have always been about the almighty dollar. I obviously don't follow other college teams as much as SU, but does anyone know of any other schools out there who completely get rid of their student sections when school is not in session???

It's been like that at SU for at least 10 years now. It sucks if you're a student who's local or someone living off campus where you might not spend your entire break with your family.

The UNC game right before Spring semester last year was not included. I went back early to see the game and had to buy a ticket even though I had student seasons.

Ridiculous.

It's been like that at SU for at least 10 years now. It sucks if you're a student who's local or someone living off campus where you might not spend your entire break with your family.

It's completely ridiculous. Those games should be an add-on to student season ticket packages at the very least. Maybe don't reserve as many seats for students as you normally would, but don't sell the whole section out to the general public just to make a few extra bucks at the expense of atmosphere.

Heck, why not even make the student section for those games available to anyone with a valid college ID. Then all the kids who are home in Syracuse on break could attend games at a discounted price in the student section, and we could actually have some sort of semblance of an actual college atmosphere at those games. But SU would rather use the fact that the students are on break as an excuse to charge Joe Schmoe $35 to sit in those seats for a few games.

It's completely ridiculous. Those games should be an add-on to student season ticket packages at the very least. Maybe don't reserve as many seats for students as you normally would, but don't sell the whole section out to the general public just to make a few extra bucks at the expense of atmosphere.

Heck, why not even make the student section for those games available to anyone with a valid college ID. Then all the kids who are home in Syracuse on break could attend games at a discounted price in the student section, and we could actually have some sort of semblance of an actual college atmosphere at those games. But SU would rather use the fact that the students are on break as an excuse to charge Joe Schmoe $35 to sit in those seats for a few games.

More like $80.

But it's a good point. I sit in 306 and think it's ridiculous to overlook two nearly empty sections behind the basket during every Christmas break.