Style of Play | Syracusefan.com

Style of Play

Cuse4Life

Walk On
Offense

A) Grind it out, no turnovers, play safe and conservative 50-50 run/pass 23-21
B) 5 WR throw the ball all the time and just play aggressive at all times playing in 45-42 games, lots of chances for turnovers
C) Old-school 80-20 run/pass 17-14, no turnovers, conservative

Defense

A) All out aggressive, blitz from everywhere, bump and run coverage, chance to give up the big play, chance at creating turnovers is greater
B) Stay back and read plays, some blitzes, semi conservative
C) Take away one aspect of a team and make them beat you with the other

What are you thoughts on this...personally i dont want an all out passing attack as I really love the run, but I want an aggressive offense one that doesnt think twice about going for it on 4th and 1, having confidence our guys can get it!

On defense I want A...give up the big play but have the best chance at causing turnovers and sacks and hard hits

I think we all want excitement, the question is...would we rather have an exciting game but win/lose 45-42 or do we want to win/lose games 14-13?

You have us voting for assumed results, not just strategical alternatives. I thinki if we came out in the no-huddle and had Nassib passing 2/3 of the time we'd be scoring 35-40 a game and the defense would actually be better because they'd be off the field more, have better field positon when thye are on it and often be playing with a lead so they could afford to be aggressive. We'd have 40-20 games, not 45-42 games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom