Men's Soccer - SU 1 at Penn St 1: Fri Sept 1, 6 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Men's Soccer SU 1 at Penn St 1: Fri Sept 1, 6 PM

Won't hurt them a bit other than not being #1 anymore.

Shouldn't drop too much tying a ranked PSU and on the road. Gutsy result and will only help this squad the rest of the way forward.

Last edited:
1-1

GOAL scored by Syracuse Pedregosa, Pablo. [88:13]
Pablo got beat on the counter PSU scored. Was largely responsible for the goal. And then got the equalizer seconds later.

SU dominated most of the game and had almost all the good scoring chances. Props to the State Penn keeper who kept them in the game. Syracuse had at least 2 shots hit the post and I think there was a third. Two or three other point blank scoring chances that were saved or just missed the goal.

Jason Smith was way too aggressive twice. Ran out of the box to get a loose ball and was not able to get it. PSU had an empty goal but one of our defenders saved him. That was in the first half.

In the second, one the play he was ejected, he again left the box to take out a slow, untalented PSU player. Do not think he had any teammates to worry about and we had defenders back to help. Awful decision.

Smith is really good at quickly clearing the ball and sometimes creating counter attack scoring chances. I am worried about his judgement though.

Wickham looked tentative and weak at clearing. I can see why Ian went with Jason.

Pablo got beat on the counter PSU scored. Was largely responsible for the goal. And then got the equalizer seconds later.

SU dominated most of the game and had almost all the good scoring chances. Props to the State Penn keeper who kept them in the game. Syracuse had at least 2 shots hit the post and I think there was a third. Two or three other point blank scoring chances that were saved or just missed the goal.

Jason Smith was way too aggressive twice. Ran out of the box to get a loose ball and was not able to get it. PSU had an empty goal but one of our defenders saved him. That was in the first half.

In the second, one the play he was ejected, he again left the box to take out a slow, untalented PSU player. Do not think he had any teammates to worry about and we had defenders back to help. Awful decision.

Smith is really good at quickly clearing the ball and sometimes creating counter attack scoring chances. I am worried about his judgement though.

Wickham looked tentative and weak at clearing. I can see why Ian went with Jason.
Tough situation for Wickham to be thrown in to. But I was not impressed either.

Let’s hope tue soccer team finally got home.

State College is in the middle of a barren isolated area.

Hopefully someone was willing to go down there and rescue them.

My favorite line was when the PBP guys said, twice, Opoku was signed by Leicester City of the Champions league.

Uh, no.
I thought he was. Just loaned out to a team in Portugal. I know he wasn't going to play for L.C. this year but that is the way I sort of remember it.

Let’s hope tue soccer team finally got home.

State College is in the middle of a barren isolated area.

Hopefully someone was willing to go down there and rescue them.
I wish we would have got an update on that. With the Lions playing a home football game this weekend there would have been no motel openings.

I thought he was. Just loaned out to a team in Portugal. I know he wasn't going to play for L.C. this year but that is the way I sort of remember it.
The league is the Prem. Leicester not playing Champions this year and Champions, despite its name, is really a tourney, not a league.

The league is the Prem. Leicester not playing Champions this year and Champions, despite its name, is really a tourney, not a league.
Yep. I thought you were saying that he wasn't signed by L.C.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom