SU #1, Marrone COY, Nassib OPOY per Athlon (so far) | Syracusefan.com

SU #1, Marrone COY, Nassib OPOY per Athlon (so far)

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
Big East Post-Week 13 Power Rankings

1. Syracuse (7-5, 5-2)

Last week’s rank: 3

Week 13 result: Beat Temple 38-20

The same team that struggled to put together extended winning streaks (i.e. more than two games) is suddenly the hottest team in the Big East. The Orange finished the season by winning five of the last six to give Doug Marrone his best conference record (5-2) in four seasons at Syracuse. The numbers from the first half of the season to the second are pretty startling:

Syracuse was minus-10 in turnover margin during the 2-4 start and is plus-nine in the final six.

Ryan Nassib receives most of the acclaim (see below), but the run game has improved from 127.5 yards per game in the first half of the season to 216.2 in the second. Naturally, the Orange averaged 38.5 points per game over the last six games, 20 points better than in the first six.

This week: Season complete

Coach of the Year Standings

1. Doug Marrone, Syracuse -- Marrone led one of the best in-season turnarounds of any team in the country from a team that started 2-4 to one that won five of its last six. The Orange will head to a bowl for the second time under Marrone and will wait at home this week, hoping to gain a share of the Big East title.

Offensive Player of the Year Standings

1. Ryan Nassib, Syracuse --

The senior for the Orange takes the spot that’s been held by Louisville’s Teddy Bridgewater for most of the season. In the last six games for Syracuse, Nassib has 13 touchdown passes to one interception. He’s also completing 61.1 percent of his passes during this 5-1 stretch for Syracuse.

The whole article

for people who actually watch the league this is pretty simple. for ones like AA who still have rutgers #1. have they watched the games the last 4-5 weeks.

I love this quote from the article:
" Losing on the road to Syracuse is one thing. Losing at home to Connecticut is another."

We are just hitting our stride right now. Gawd, I'd love to play all the teams we lost to again. I guarantee we beat all of them (USC would be a toss-up)

Fwiw, this weeks College Football News rankings has

30 - SU
31 - rutgirls
33 - Lville
46 - Cincy

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

We are just hitting our stride right now. Gawd, I'd love to play all the teams we lost to again. I guarantee we beat all of them (USC would be a toss-up)
I'm not so sure USC would be a toss-up. Without Barkley, and considering that Kiffin is their coach I think we'd win.

for people who actually watch the league this is pretty simple. for ones like AA who still have rutgers #1. have they watched the games the last 4-5 weeks.

I agree - it really isn't even close IMO. I wish we played them once we figured how to walk without tripping. Good lord.

if Pugh doesn't slip and get that FG blocked against Rutgers, SU would be 8-4/6-1 and have already clinched the BE title and the BCS bowl bid. F@&K that's frustrating :confused:

if Pugh doesn't slip and get that FG blocked against Rutgers, SU would be 8-4/6-1 and have already clinched the BE title and the BCS bowl bid. F@&K that's frustrating :confused:

I agree, but they also could have and probably should have lost the game to USF. Any time it takes an epic second half comeback to pull out a win, consider yourself fortunate.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom