Women's Lacrosse - SU 14 vs Va Tech 13 at CBA: Wed Apr 3, 4 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 14 vs Va Tech 13 at CBA: Wed Apr 3, 4 PM

14-10

GOAL by VT Emma Crooks (FPGOAL) {free position shot}

7:29

Well-- they managed to pull out the win, but now they need to watch the film back and learn from all of their mistakes they made in the second half. Another sloppy second half allowed VT to come back and almost force OT. What's the deal? The men's team has been having sloppy first halves, and the women's team sloppy second halves. They need to pull it together and start playing hard for the full 60 minutes so they aren't left in that situation again. We're coming down the stretch now. We have UNC up next which should be a tough feat in itself, then Cornell, then the ACC tourney. Cant be playing like that if they expect to win an ACC championship. Way too many turnovers i.e. whipping the ball into the middle and losing handle. When you're passing the ball in traffic you dont need to whip the ball in, you just need to make sure its accurate. They need to takes some notes from UNC, Maryland, and BC. Also, they need to do a better job at being poised and disciplined on offense. That second half they let the VT defense dictate the way they wanted to play which got them flustered easily and made them turn the ball over. There's no need to push for a goal with 70/90 seconds still left on the shot clock. I mean, sure if someone's wide open--but otherwise just settle it down, work the ball around, look for cutters, or iso and dodge in and score. They make things way more harder than it has to be for themselves sometimes.

Well-- they managed to pull out the win, but now they need to watch the film back and learn from all of their mistakes they made in the second half. Another sloppy second half allowed VT to come back and almost force OT. What's the deal? The men's team has been having sloppy first halves, and the women's team sloppy second halves. They need to pull it together and start playing hard for the full 60 minutes so they aren't left in that situation again. We're coming down the stretch now. We have UNC up next which should be a tough feat in itself, then Cornell, then the ACC tourney. Cant be playing like that if they expect to win an ACC championship. Way too many turnovers i.e. whipping the ball into the middle and losing handle. When you're passing the ball in traffic you dont need to whip the ball in, you just need to make sure its accurate. They need to takes some notes from UNC, Maryland, and BC. Also, they need to do a better job at being poised and disciplined on offense. That second half they let the VT defense dictate the way they wanted to play which got them flustered easily and made them turn the ball over. There's no need to push for a goal with 70/90 seconds still left on the shot clock. I mean, sure if someone's wide open--but otherwise just settle it down, work the ball around, look for cutters, or iso and dodge in and score. They make things way more harder than it has to be for themselves sometimes.

Yeah, that was a mess. I'm chalking it up to a big game vs Duke last Saturday and looking past VT to UNC. Thankfully, that's 10 days away.

Okay good! You agreeing confirms i’m not a crazy person;) Let’s hope it was only because they had a short time to prepare, and they play much better against UNC.

One thing I forgot to mention— I love that Cockerille has made it into the starting lineup by filling in for Wallon for her injury. I like her game. She does a lot of things that are little but so crucial— especially when this team tends to get sloppy. She picks up the GB’s, she knows how to defend, she has a laser shot, doesn’t drop passes, etc. I think it would be a good idea to have her on the draw circle to help get GB’s off the draw control. One thing she does need to change is her shot placement. I know her signature shot is that low to high laser beam but she has the same issue as Trimboli from the men’s team. Only shooting one way will get you figured out. Try switching it up, go high to low and look to dodge and score more often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom