Women's Lacrosse - SU 17 vs Va Tech 10: Sat Mar 27, 5 PM [ACCN] | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 17 vs Va Tech 10: Sat Mar 27, 5 PM [ACCN]

The defense worries me; giving up too many free position shots. Virginia tech managed to only score 1 goal against UNC versus 10 goals against us. Ladies need to tighten up the defense when they play the Tar Heels on Saturday.
Well, when UNC played VT, VT was missing almost all of their starters due to COVID protocols/contact tracing. But I feel what you mean. They still shouldn’t have been able to score that many goals. Always thought Asa was weak saving free position shots. She was much better at the beginning of the season, but has seemed to regress as the year has went on.

If they are going to play like that against UNC they are going to lose. The thing that annoyed me the most about that game was the first half. Going over 15 minutes without scoring a goal? This team has a really bad habit of not being able to focus and put a full game together. It’s like their minds check out and they think their on vacation or something. It’s weird.

Do they want to win a national championship or not? Because people are already calling for a UNC vs Northwestern matchup after Northwestern’s whomping over Maryland this weekend 25-12. Judging by the score of that game it looks like they know how to put a full game of lacrosse together. But I guess that’s expected from a team that’s being coached by someone who’s won a national championship as a coach 7 times.

Well, when UNC played VT, VT was missing almost all of their starters due to COVID protocols/contact tracing. But I feel what you mean. They still shouldn’t have been able to score that many goals. Always thought Asa was weak saving free position shots. She was much better at the beginning of the season, but has seemed to regress as the year has went on.

If they are going to play like that against UNC they are going to lose. The thing that annoyed me the most about that game was the first half. Going over 15 minutes without scoring a goal? This team has a really bad habit of not being able to focus and put a full game together. It’s like their minds check out and they think their on vacation or something. It’s weird.

Do they want to win a national championship or not? Because people are already calling for a UNC vs Northwestern matchup after Northwestern’s whomping over Maryland this weekend 25-12. Judging by the score of that game it looks like they know how to put a full game of lacrosse together. But I guess that’s expected from a team that’s being coached by someone who’s won a national championship as a coach 7 times.

I don’t think that bye week did them any favors. Should’ve scheduled an opponent (cupcake or not) to at least remain sharp cuz they looked rusty as hell in the first half. Ladies have only played 6 games while UNC already has 10 games under their belt and looking at their schedule didn’t notice any bye weeks at all.

I think the lack of focus falls on Gary and the staff to some degree, because if they can put it together for 60 minutes like you said they can beat anybody including UNC and NW.

Wonder if the loss of Hawryschuk has something to do with this...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom