SU +2.5 vs PSU | Syracusefan.com

SU +2.5 vs PSU

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
When’s the last time men’s football, basketball and lacrosse were all this devoid of hope at the same time?

This might be one of those “doesn’t make sense” lines and seems like easy money.

I am actually surprised it is only +2.5.

That’s disrespectful...to Penn St. I’ll be surprised if we win and expect to get our butts kicked in the paint.

SHOCK THE WORLD
just wanna shock barclays. syracuse is what, 1-4 there now?

apparently all of the northeastern us is syracuse home territory save for the barclays exclusionary zone

Remember the consolation blowout loss against Oregon last year? I expect that today and hope to hell I am wrong.

Please. We're acting like Ok St is Bethune Cookman. I don't know about you, but I still expect to win every game we play.

Orange 70-65

If you told me a few months ago that we would be 2.5 pt underdogs to PSU, I would have said “ok cool, we are playing them in the Orange Bowl in a relative pick em.”

<sigh>

Yeah, I was just saying to myself, "I could see losing to Penn State in football, but in basketball? That would be like losing to Rutgers - in either sport".
Granted, we haven't played them in a long time, but come on. Penn State has zero tradition. This is going to be a brutal season if we can't beat Penn State.

It's very sad to hear Fran Fraschilla go from trying to build us up at the beginning of this game, to saying, this just isn't a very talented team, one of the least talented Jim Boeheim team's he can remember.

In the summer, I said I hoped we didn't have to count on Buddy too much, and was hoping he could be our 6th man. After the summer tour, it was clear he was our second best player.
At the time, that made me kind of hopeful, because I believed that Carey and Goodine could be athletic contributors and using Girard would be a luxury, not a necessity.

Carey was not going to make the jump we hoped for before he hurt his hand, and Goodine hasn't been confident enough to assert himself yet.

I kind of hoped that whoever it was who said JBA was our "first choice" big man, who was going to really make a difference because he was coming off a knee injury was going to be right. He's healthy, but he's really just not ready and looked confused in his brief cameos before the decision to red shirt. Was that the right choice, with Sidibe seeming to lose confidence, and nobody else who weighs more than 190 to 200 pounds on the front line?

Penn State just handled us. Okie State just handled us. Both are bubble teams. Yes, it's a long season and kids get better, but we do not look remotely like an NCAA team. We have a lot of kids who would be really good supporting players, if we had 2 or 3 elite players to lead them.

Next year we fill in a couple more supporting players, not stars, and our roster gets a year older. Buddy will be a junior, but we still won't have any size underneath or any athleticism at guard. This is really troubling to see and to feel so little hope this early in the season.

I had really hoped that we would be a pretty good, if not quite great team before Buddy (and presumably Jim) are done. With us missing out on this top 5 kid who chose Kentucky, our chances of having a decent (i.e. less than a dozen losses) team that can make a Sweet 16 before Jim retires seems to be slipping away.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SyraFreed

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom