SU 3rd in BE Graduation Rates | Syracusefan.com

SU 3rd in BE Graduation Rates

SU is tied for second, actually.

From the article it sounds like kids who transfer out in good academic standing do not ding this number. So for a roster of 85 schollies, a 79% rate means 17.85 kids didn't graduate.

I can't come up with 18 names. Am I missing something?

SU is tied for second, actually.
good point. I counted lines, not numbers. that makes sense, right?

From the article it sounds like kids who transfer out in good academic standing do not ding this number. So for a roster of 85 schollies, a 79% rate means 17.85 kids didn't graduate.

I can't come up with 18 names. Am I missing something?

Except it's not 85 scholarship players, right? It's based on a single year? Which is likely 25 incoming players who should have been on target to graduate? Meaning every individual players equates to FOUR percentage points. Right?

(EDIT) - Guess I should have read the article first. It indicates a 4-year period (at least I think it does). Meaning likely 100 incoming players? I don't see how the 85 number comes into play if you're allowed up to 25 scholarships per year.

I don't see how the 85 number comes into play if you're allowed up to 25 scholarships per year.
85 was for ballpark estimate only. If you want to go with 100, then we need to come up with 21 names for people who didn't graduate. How many can you name from the last 4 years?

I think 25 is the maximum number of scholarships you can give out per year up to a total of 85 on the team at one time. So, you may give out 20 schollies in years 1-3 and 25 in year 4, or any combination thereof that totals 85.

Where would players like Collier, Malcolm Cater, Mike Williams etc show up in those stats? Just wondering.

I think 25 is the maximum number of scholarships you can give out per year up to a total of 85 on the team at one time. So, you may give out 20 schollies in years 1-3 and 25 in year 4, or any combination thereof that totals 85.
You can give out 25 per year, as long as enough kids leave the program each year to keep the active total at 85. So if you lose 5 kids a year to transfers, dropouts, medical end-of-career, you're OK. The answer is to see how many scholarship guys arrived on campus each year for the last couple years and compute an actual number. Still, we need to come up with 18 or so names as a "best case." Without going back and looking at the commit lists year by year, I can't think of many.

Cater? Sales? Who else?

Why do I automatically discount the graduation rate assigned to Rutgers?

Have I gotten to the point where I simply reject as unworth of belief any statement made by Schiano?

85 was for ballpark estimate only. If you want to go with 100, then we need to come up with 21 names for people who didn't graduate. How many can you name from the last 4 years?
wouldn't be the last 4 years, right? as the kids from the past three years wouldn't be expected to have graduated yet. wouldn't this look at classes from 2004 - 2007?

Where would players like Collier, Malcolm Cater, Mike Williams etc show up in those stats? Just wondering.

Looks like it's for the classes of 2001-2004.

Very helpful of them. What, their graduation data for 1963-1967 wasn't available?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom