Women's Lacrosse - SU 5 at North Carolina 11: Sat Apr 13, 12 PM | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Lacrosse SU 5 at North Carolina 11: Sat Apr 13, 12 PM

...And this is the reason why I don't blame Wurzburger for decommitting and switching her commitment to UNC. When it comes to the big games, Syracuse never shows up to play. And if they do show up to play, they still lose due to something being an issue (i.e. offense, defense, draw controls). They talked a lot about this being a business trip on instagram/twitter but it looks like they missed the bus because that was just awful. I have to shake my head and wonder what Gaits' game plan was going into this but whatever it was they didn't execute it in any sort of fashion. They actually left off the way they ended that last game against VT-- messy, sloppy, uninspired, no poise, no discipline, etc. (I feel like a broken record these days). Now you cant blame it being in a lack of time to prepare because they had a full 10 days.

They actually did a pretty good job in the DC department-- which I initially thought was going to be lopsided towards UNC. However, I have to just laugh at how completely messy the offense is playing right now. That's really what this loss boils down to. Had they capitalized on their FPS and didn't turn the ball over so many times on offense the game would have been way closer. Hawryschuk is an amazing player but she cant carry this whole team on her back. For God's sake she had a play in 3/5 goals scored (all while being face gaurded). If we are going to win a natty, other teammates NEED to step up (Levy/Tyrrell/Carney/Swart/Rahal), and do it quick because the ACC/NCAA tourney are around the corner. They are all capable, but not playing like they are right now. There were way too many turnovers. Even when the defense would step up and cause a turnover the offense would just give it right back by rushing shots and trying to force the ball into the middle or simply dropping passes.

Ya'll see why im frustrated? Im not sure how long you guys have been watching Syracuse Women's lax but I've been watching and supporting this team since 2011 and this is what happens year after year. The defense was always questionable from 2011-16 (which in my opinion was why they hadn't ever won a championship in the first place) but after Treanor graduated in '16 and when the assistant coach Defliese came in is when the sloppiness started happening. They barely know how to pass/catch, pick up ground balls, I mean simple fundamentals taught in grade school. They are D1 players and they need shape up and start acting like it.

Dont get me wrong, Gait has done a great job at turning this program around after a disastrous year last year, but the same problems always arise in the big games. If Gait doesn't get at least one National Championship in the next 3-4 years it won't ever happen. He will be just another O'Leary (Florida Womens Head Coach) or Corrigan (Notre Dame Mens Head Coach). In that case, I'm putting it out in the universe for Wildhack to give the keys to Treanor because of the value that she has added to the BC program. Going from an all right program to a dominant program is all because of Treanor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom