SU 76, Michigan 84 (OT): Thurs Dec 5, 9 PM (ESPN) | Syracusefan.com

SU 76, Michigan 84 (OT): Thurs Dec 5, 9 PM (ESPN)

Last edited:
nobody turns a 10 point lead with 6 min left into a loss quicker than a Q team. Goodness, those guards were horrific.

4-4 sounds familiar.

^^ It's because this team doesn't have a true PG. I give Lewis credit for stepping in for Tiana this year-- she is a terrific basketball player/shooter but she is NOT a playmaker, and her ball handling skills are lackluster when tightly guarded. I've thought this since last year when Q would sub her in for Tiana and I think the ending of this game only proved that to me more than ever. This team is just bad, simply put. And if they expect to win any games this year they need to figure out a way to get Finklea- Guity, Djaldi-Tabdi, and most importantly Strautmanae to start making some more baskets and closing out these games better. What has happened to Digna this year? She has become virtually invisible in this offense so far and looks nothing like she has her first two years.

P.S.-- The 2020 class cant get here soon enough..:mad:

^^ It's because this team doesn't have a true PG. I give Lewis credit for stepping in for Tiana this year-- she is a terrific basketball player/shooter but she is NOT a playmaker, and her ball handling skills are lackluster when tightly guarded. I've thought this since last year when Q would sub her in for Tiana and I think the ending of this game only proved that to me more than ever. This team is just bad, simply put. And if they expect to win any games this year they need to figure out a way to get Finklea- Guity, Djaldi-Tabdi, and most importantly Strautmanae to start making some more baskets and closing out these games better. What has happened to Digna this year? She has become virtually invisible in this offense so far and looks nothing like she has her first two years.

Interesting, Wasnt Strautmane the best player on the floor? She was the lone bright spot.

The guards were horrendous, we continuously turned it over, and the interior defense was non-existent.

Way too many turnovers for sure and the players are really tired by 3rd or 4th quarter. Not sure why players are not subbed when they are missing shots and tired and wearing down. I remember some great shooters from earlier in the season but have not seen them play in recent games.

Last edited:
Way too many turnovers for sure and the players are really tired by 3rd or 4th quarter. Not sure why players are subbed when they are missing shots and tired. I remember some great shooters from earlier in the season but have not seen them play in recent games.
Maybe they have injured players?

Not having a good point guard hampers interior play, Lewis is a shooter, not a passer.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom