SU Admins: Nice Job with the Spring Game. | Syracusefan.com

SU Admins: Nice Job with the Spring Game.

Tom Frey

Walk On
Last year I posted about the crappy autograph situation and how it left my son and hundreds of kids with out a single autograph or chance to meet a single player, and how the whole experience was not very fan friendly. Well, let me say this year was a complete 180 degree turn from last year.

The autograph session and access to players after the game was brilliant. My son was able to get every autograph he wanted. We were able to see stuff about the players that we normally don't get to see, for instance, I saw Raymon with his daughter, which confirmed for me she was the reason why he transfered to SU. Thank you to all the players who stayed, I think they were all still signing when we left. The only gripe that I have is that there should have been some advertising about being able to get on the field so I could have brought a football to play catch with my son, but he still loved being able to run on the field because it "made him feel fast"

As for the game, I liked the 1's vs 2's approach. As a fan it let me see where we stand as a team, which in my opinion is what a spring game is about. Yes the 1's overpowered the 2's most of the game but I think this allowed the 1's to work together to gel and the 2's get to see what it takes to make it to the 1's. HCSS addressing the crowd was brilliant.

Special thanx to Justin Pugh and Hunt. Justin and Alec Lemon were at the game and they signed autographs for my son. I don't fault Alec because he was trying to sign while talking to someone, but Justin knelt down to my son's level, signed, asked him his name and asked him if he was having fun. THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE FANS. Hunt did the same thing. He was even signing and taking pictures when he should have been in the media zone doing interviews. THAT IS HOW YOU MAKE FANS.

And now that I think about it if the SU coaches want to get 20,000 to the spring game why don't they have an advertised autograph session for both NFL and NBA bound payers. MCW was there anyways, so was Pugh, throw in Smarko and Nassib in and you can get a lot more people there especially the basketball fans, get them in the door to a football game. Just a thought.

And now that I think about it if the SU coaches want to get 20,000 to the spring game why don't they have an advertised autograph session for both NFL and NBA bound payers. MCW was there anyways, so was Pugh, throw in Smarko and Nassib in and you can get a lot more people there especially the basketball fans, get them in the door to a football game. Just a thought.

If MCW has already signed with an agent, he may not be allowed to sign free autographs (especially if he's already cut a deal to appear at a sports card store at a later date).

I'm sure he'll be happy to sign something if you come up to him, but SU can't promote his personal appearance.

My son and I had a very nice conversation with Alec. It was just him and us so we spent about 5 minutes with him before jumping back in line. My only complaint is that we only had time to go to one of the 4 autograph tables. We were 3rd and 4th in line at a table then hopped in line for a second table. Time ran out before we even reached the table. I know it's a bit picky, but we weren't able to get to most of the players.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom