SU Athletics' Roster updated | Syracusefan.com

SU Athletics' Roster updated

RMH44

All American
Finally the FB player's weights and heights have been updated on the SU Athletics' site. Some good news...Jerome Smith is now listed at 226 lbs, Macky at 277 lbs, Moore at 229 lbs and Spruill at 230 lbs.

On the disturbing side...D. Davis weighed-in at 214 lbs. Hopefully our new beefed-up DL can keep him uncovered. Even more disturbing to me is Spruill's listed height. As a frosh, he was listed at 6'3" and 6'1" last year. This year, the Incredible Shrinking Man is down to an even 6'0"! What the hell does next year hold in store for him?

Finally the FB player's weights and heights have been updated on the SU Athletics' site. Some good news...Jerome Smith is now listed at 226 lbs, Macky at 277 lbs, Moore at 229 lbs and Spruill at 230 lbs.

On the disturbing side...D. Davis weighed-in at 214 lbs. Hopefully our new beefed-up DL can keep him uncovered. Even more disturbing to me is Spruill's listed height. As a frosh, he was listed at 6'3" and 6'1" last year. This year, the Incredible Shrinking Man is down to an even 6'0"! What the hell does next year hold in store for him?

Good news on Mackey hes still undersized but 277 at least gives him some more bulk to utilize. Jesus I hope that weight on Davis is wrong, hes going to get abused again by bigger teams if he is really 214.

I thought Dave Rahme spoke to Davis and said he was in the lower 220's.

With more LBs to choose from we may see some more specialized roles. Davis looks like he got bigger but may be more of an Okie LB because he can drop in coverage or blitz. Could see Vaughan and Lynch more in early downs to play the run.

Height (like weight) can vary depending on the time of day it was taken. You wake up taller and getter shorter and your spine compacts as you walk around all day. Playing LB also compacts your spine over time.

Numbers that jump out at me:

Eskridge 205
Reddish 186
Vigille 224
MPB 257
Spruill 230
PTG 6'0 192
Rene 185
AAM 229!
Clark 159
Thompson 236?
Lewis 6'2 199
Parris 258!?
Manley 269

Measurement wise, the team is in great shape. Big guys lost some needed weight, smaller guys added some, and the new players measure out alot bigger than in years past.

Glad to see Crume down to 304 as well. I would image it's was really difficult, especially at his height, to carry around 332 and be very mobile and not winded after a few plays.

PTG is 6'0" 192 lbs? Really?

I find it hard to believe he is 6' tall.

He looked like LaVar Arrington as a true frosh.

As long as he plays well, I'm fine with his size.

This could really be taken out of context and super insulting to Marquis.
shrinkage.jpg

I refuse to believe that listed height is correct for Quis. Especially since I (6') have stood next to him before and he is at least 3 inches taller than me.

spruill is atleast 6'2. no way ptg is 6'0. thompson is more than 236. I can tell wales lost weigh ( dropped from 253 50 235) and i think he will be a better player at that weight. hunt went from 203 t0 217 and it shows. nassib is now 6'3?, morris is back up to 191? danny v has been the same weight for 5 years now. 4 years of the same weight for andrew phillips. Come on dyshawn, we need you at 220 atleast, i now know why clark is so fast, wow he is skinny,Im not sure if smith that heavy, close to 230? doesnt look like it. curtis only 273 at 6'3? I think he was listed at 293 last year.

I refuse to believe that listed height is correct for Quis. Especially since I (6') have stood next to him before and he is at least 3 inches taller than me.
Agreed. I had a class with him and echo the sentiment.

Numbers that jump out at me:

Eskridge 205
Reddish 186
Vigille 224
MPB 257
Spruill 230
PTG 6'0 192
Rene 185
AAM 229!
Clark 159
Thompson 236?
Lewis 6'2 199
Parris 258!?
Manley 269

Measurement wise, the team is in great shape. Big guys lost some needed weight, smaller guys added some, and the new players measure out alot bigger than in years past.

Would be awesome if MPB was really that size!

Aw ha!!! So that's where Spruill's 3 inches went!

Spruill is 6'2, PTG 5'8 1/2.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Would be awesome if MPB was really that size!
MPB i watched him alot today. He is bigger than I thought. He is a legit 6'3 and atleast 245. and he looks athletic.

MPB i watched him alot today. He is bigger than I thought. He is a legit 6'3 and atleast 245. and he looks athletic.

Great to hear--thanks for confirming. I have a feeling that once MPB figures things out and gets his feet wet a little bit, he's going to emerge as an impact player. Hope it happens quickly.

Im hoping for the same. we have to have someone coming off the edge that teams fear and have to game plan for.