SU Basketball- aka "Sybil, The Sequel". | Syracusefan.com

SU Basketball- aka "Sybil, The Sequel".

DoctorBombay

Hall of Fame
Would anyone be surprised at this point if we won the next game, lost the 2 after that, crawled into the ACCT/NCAA's, and made a serious run to the Sweet16... or more?
It's not so much the losses, no matter how big, that get to me. It's the unpredictability.
As we move further into the "JB swan-song" years, it seems that the "overachieving underachievers" are a permanent facet of this program's personality. As an avid JB fan, I'm not ready to pull the plug on him just yet, and I certainly am not gonna go the; "chicken-little, we're doooomed, run-for-your-lives" route either.
IMO, we have an entitled fanbase led by a sometimes-obnoxious, vocal minority, that'll only get louder with their biotchin-and-moaning once a successor comes aboard. I can't wait to read the posts when/if JB's successor doesn't make the postseason for a couple years. Classic "be careful what you wish for" will be in full effect!
Anyway, the way I see it... let's just hang on for the ride, as America's perennial "bubble team" enters March. What other choice do we have...and what's the alternative? Better to be "in-play" than to be a UConn, GTown, etc...totally out of it, and hoping for better luck next year! Cheers!

Last edited: