SU Coaching Records 1st 5 and 10 years | Syracusefan.com

SU Coaching Records 1st 5 and 10 years

Crusty

Living Legend
Just for some reference here are the records of all SU coaches since Ben in their 1st 5 and 1st 10 years (if applicable).

I know the periods are not comparable and certain coaches inherited gold and others lead, but a couple of things jump out when you step back and take in the numbers.
  1. Today, Coach Mac might be fired after 5 years.
  2. FHCDM did an incredible job.
  3. HCSS is off to the best start of anybody except Pasqualoni.
  4. We have a .523 winning pct since GRob.
  5. We have gone to [Edit: 3] 4 bowls and won them all since GRob
First 5 Years [EDIT typo Coach P 6-4-1 year 3]
upload_2014-9-14_12-48-28.png

First 10 Years
upload_2014-9-14_12-49-43.png

Feel free to correct any errors.
Go White!

Last edited:
Three bowls since He-Who-Shall-Not-Be-Named.

Take it easy, Crusty--still too early in the season to get overly-excited. Saturday will tell us a lot, me thinks.

I want our boys singing "Maryland, my Maryland" with big -eating grins on their faces at the end of the game!

haha I'm guessing I'd be calling for Mac's head after the 2-9 season and the 5-6 season. oops

Just for some reference here are the records of all SU coaches since Ben in their 1st 5 and 1st 10 years (if applicable).

I know the periods are not comparable and certain coaches inherited gold and others lead, but a couple of things jump out when you step back and take in the numbers.
  1. Today, Coach Mac might be fired after 5 years.
  2. FHCDM did an incredible job.
  3. HCSS is off to the best start of anybody except Pasqualoni.
  4. We have a .523 winning pct since GRob.
  5. We have gone to [Edit: 3] 4 bowls and won them all since GRob
First 5 Years [EDIT typo Coach P 6-4-1 year 3]
View attachment 24045

First 10 Years
View attachment 24046
Feel free to correct any errors.
Go White!
good stuff

i think people overstate how much any coach can kill a program, even one as bad as gerg.

when you're rooting for the team that just stinks, it feels so bad, you get emotional about it. when other historically prominent programs go through their worst periods, we pay very little attention. at most, you catch a score and say "haha they suck" and then you just forget about them

i'm far too lazy to dump every team's season results into a spreadsheet to sift for horrible stretches like ours.

In retrospect, it makes firing of Coach P seem unwise. Granted, he was not faring well in the recruiting wars, but it does not appear that those who succeeded him did anything more than recover from the GRob debacle.

In retrospect, it makes firing of Coach P seem unwise. Granted, he was not faring well in the recruiting wars, but it does not appear that those who succeeded him did anything more than recover from the GRob debacle.
P's last 4 years, 26-23, 1 bowl win

Marrone/Shafer 28-23, 3 bowl wins

last 3 years, 60% winning
last 3 p years, 44% winning

we're better now than we were at the tail end of P

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online