SU fans repping | Syracusefan.com

SU fans repping

rrlbees

Have you donated to an SU NIL collective?
Staff member
We all know how SU fans come out in droves on other teams courts or neutral courts. They’re everywhere. Well, it’s true on a cruise ship too.

We’re on a cruise and the sports bar has had the games on. Most games there have been 1-2 fans for each team except Virginia who had 4-5. SU? Both games we took over the bar in numbers and noise.

There have been about 20 SU fans and we cheered loudly every good play. Most of the fans for other teams sit there and quietly watch their team. Not SU. Loud and proud. Our first basket last night the bartender even proclaimed to the other patrons, “the SU fans are back”.

I will proudly say that yours truly led the SU fans in the closing minute in a chant of “Let’s Go Orange (clap, clap...clap, clap, clap).

The Orange was in the house. But the Orange was on the ship too.

So proud of this team, the players, coaches and the fans.

Paint it Orange!

Great story. That sounds awesome. Tell the bartender to mix ya’ll up some “Cuse Bombs” on Sunday.

oz of Orange vodka, splash of Grand Marnier, splash of OJ, splash of Red Bull.

Paint it Orange!

Great story. That sounds awesome. Tell the bartender to mix ya’ll up some “Cuse Bombs” on Sunday.

oz of Orange vodka, splash of Grand Marnier, splash of OJ, splash of Red Bull.

We get back tomorrow and will be getting off the ship ASAP and racing home for the game.

F07E35DB-E034-466F-BE5C-9A3737112097.jpeg
We get back tomorrow and will be getting off the ship ASAP and racing home for the game.
5 hr drive. You got this

View attachment 124925
5 hr drive. You got this

Ha, sure do. The original plan was to stop in Binghamton and watch Liverpool in the state championship game, if they win today. Those plans changed as soon as our gametime was announced last night.

Visiting friends in Des Moines, both huge fans and alums. Went out all day yesterday and bar hopped (clad in our syracuse gear head to toe) leading up to our game. While I didn't see other orange fans everywhere we went people commented: "Cuse Fans! "Go Orange" and the such. The DJ at last bar where we watched the game played the fight song when our game went final. What a day.

Orange fans have to adapt to difficulties.
I had a commitment to see a show last night (Conan fans will know LaBamba...it's his side band that does mostly soul classics).
But thank God for the greatest invention of the 21st century: the March Madness App.
I could surreptitiously keep an eye on the game even while sitting up front.

Gotta See the Game 2.jpg

But the absolute best thing was that when the Orange grabbed the rebound with 8.2 seconds left the band went into the final chorus of the great Curtis Mayfield song "MOVE ON UP!"
Right on cue!
I think they were watching the game, too.

Went to Philly bar last night and the bar manager was a Cuse fan... needless to say, he (and I) were useless for a 2.5 hour stretch.
I hope the manager at least gave you a free drink or two for that!

Bees, what time are you getting off the ship? 6 a.m. You’re not going to make it, man, or your’re going to kill yourself!

The Orange Move on Up!

LaBamba & the Hubcaps.jpg

Attachments

• The Orange Move on Up.jpg
    The Orange Move on Up.jpg
    500.2 KB · Views: 8
Bees, what time are you getting off the ship? 6 a.m. You’re not going to make it, man, or your’re going to kill yourself!

Get off at 9. Little over 5 hours home. We’ll be fine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom