SU @ FSU Tuba Count | Syracusefan.com

SU @ FSU Tuba Count

That is a solid number, especially for a school that plays big games in a half empty arena. I believe the SSS usually has 4.

The SSS looks small. Does anyone think it needs to be expanded?

They had a good sized band there...I would say easily at least 50-60 instruments...

My bad Tom...I guess they were sousaphones and not tubas...always thought a sousaphone was a tuba...

They had a good sized band there...I would say easily at least 50-60 instruments...

My bad Tom...I guess they were sousaphones and not tubas...always thought a sousaphone was a tuba...
I hear you bud. When I say tuba, I mean sousaphone. I like the instrument but I am not a fan of the name chosen for it. It is just too long.

Sousa would have been a far better name.

I hear you bud. When I say tuba, I mean sousaphone. I like the instrument but I am not a fan of the name chosen for it. It is just too long.

Ahhh...ok...well then they had 8 sousas/tubas

After looking up the difference...I think they were sousaphones...my bad I though that was a tuba...learned something today.

You're not incorrect. I was just confirming that you were counting the same instrument. It's commonly called "marching tuba" or tuba like tomcat said

That is a solid number, especially for a school that plays big games in a half empty arena. I believe the SSS usually has 4.

The SSS looks small. Does anyone think it needs to be expanded?
I agree that sss looks small (on tv at least) in comparison. The dome is just so huge relatively. Wasn't fsu band courtside too? We are behind the basket.

I agree that sss looks small (on tv at least) in comparison. The dome is just so huge relatively. Wasn't fsu band courtside too? We are behind the basket.

FSU band was behind the basket. I thought they were good too. They should be, FSU is THE school to go to in Florida for music majors.

Florange44

FSU band was behind the basket. I thought they were good too. They should be, FSU is THE school to go to in Florida for music majors.

Florange44
Cool. I did not know that. I get a lot of mailings from miami.

Joeysimz to airforceorange

Do we have a tuba count for tonight? Over and out

(The tuba count thread should be pinned. We need more fun stuff this year. Just sayin. )
JoeySimz if you put a @ in front a poster's name and type it into a post, he'll get an alert and it will look like this (below) when you post a message.

AirForceOrange

Joeysimz to airforceorange

Do we have a tuba count for tonight? Over and out

(The tuba count thread should be pinned. We need more fun stuff this year. Just sayin. )

No...sorry...I am in Florida...rarely get to see a game in the Dome.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom