SU Girls Take Care Of Business @ Coyne Field | Syracusefan.com

SU Girls Take Care Of Business @ Coyne Field

Orangeyes

R.I.P Dan
fh1.jpg

Syracuse jumped out to a 2-0 lead within the games first five minutes. They would score again before the end of the half. However, the momentum swung in favor of UConn as they scored two unanswered goals to end the first half. I happened to be sitting in front of a complaining crew from Connecticut. Every play one of their players was somehow aggrieved.

The second half I located myself around like minded Orange fans.The rest of the game was well played & scoreless so Syracuse repeated as Big East Field Hockey Champions. TGD was giddy and Floyd Little was smiling from ear to ear (see photo 29 below).

headshot_1_Brooks_Lauren.jpg

Most Outstanding Player went to SU freshmen forward from Lancaster, PA, Lauren Brooks! She was everywhere folks.

A nice touch came after the trophy presentations and all tournament team announcement. In unison, the team thanked the many fans who showed up. BTW, the conditions were ideal for viewing, sunny and 60 degrees.

player_Ange%20Bradley.jpg

Well done girls and coach Ang Bradley, who got the Gatorade bath from the team ( photo 36 below).

Hopefully SU will get a first round game at home.

Syracuse Wins 2011 BIG EAST Field Hockey Championship, 3-2, Over Connecticut

No. 4 Field Hockey Gets Nipped By No. 5 Syracuse in BIG EAST Final

Game Stats

Nice!! Thw Womens sports are stepping it up. Field Hocky Champs and back to back Big East Softball Champs

Nice!! Thw Womens sports are stepping it up. Field Hocky Champs and back to back Big East Softball Champs
There is a lot, A LOT, to be said for kids who play for the love of the game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom