SU hoops - night before game sequester ritual? | Syracusefan.com

SU hoops - night before game sequester ritual?

bozophobe

All Conference
I used to hear stories about the team being shacked up in a local restaurant and/or motel the night before a Dome contest. I've never once read anything anywhere about this.

Has this ever been a regular routine? And if so, do they still practice it this year? I've been told that in the past, the players would chow down on enormous quantities of foods like pizza, wings, steak, etc. And that a couple of them would leave the premises in something just short of pristine condition, shall we say. Nothing quite Zeppelin or Who-level; such as the team bus winding up in the pool, or the room t.v. or toilet being defenestrated.

If they still do this, and want to keep it private, I respect that and don't want to spoil it for them. Maybe it's a good way to focus the team's concentration. But if it's old news, does anyone have any stories? Since so many people here are so connected to the team, I'd like to think at least someone has an in-law or friend of a friend whose job it was to scrape the pepperoni pizza off the ceiling.

They stay at the Sheraton (I think) before every home game. It is to limit distractions and to keep everyone accounted for I believe.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Many, many, MANY moons ago I was visiting Syracuse to see the SU vs UNC game when MJ was only a freshman, with Brad Daugherty, Sam Perkins, Matt Daugherty all on the team. I happened to stay at the same hotel and got to meet them which is one of my biggest thrills. If my memory serves me correctly we won that game and Pearl tried a fast break "bounce the ball off the floor and catch it off the glass for a layout" deal and missed. Obviously Jimmy was not thrilled. Hey, a little off topic but your post reminded me of staying at the same hotel (just the opposing team lol). Happy holidays o everyone.