SU in the midst of an important 4 game stretch | Syracusefan.com

SU in the midst of an important 4 game stretch

RF2044

Living Legend
We're currently tied atop the Big East standings with Marquette, who hopefully gets an "L" today to break the tie. We're [right now] the only teams with 2 losses in conference; lots of teams with 3 and 4 losses, in a bunch right behind us.

Fortunately, we're in the middle of a four game stretch that can give us some separation. St. John's, @uconn, Seton Hall, and Providence. We're 1-0 so far. Need to b-slap uconn tomorrow, en route to going 4-0 through this stretch. That would position us at 12-2 in conference play, setting us up for the home stretch.

Let's make it 2-0 tomorrow.

I like the way it set up with James coming back just in time for this easier stretch. We should be able to win them all and get on a roll playing well going into the end of the schedule..

Agreed. But wqe play UConn on Wednesday, not today. :)

We're currently tied atop the Big East standings with Marquette, who hopefully gets an "L" today to break the tie. We're [right now] the only teams with 2 losses in conference; lots of teams with 3 and 4 losses, in a bunch right behind us.

Fortunately, we're in the middle of a four game stretch that can give us some separation. St. John's, @uconn, Seton Hall, and Providence. We're 1-0 so far. Need to b-slap uconn tomorrow, en route to going 4-0 through this stretch. That would position us at 12-2 in conference play, setting us up for the home stretch.

Let's make it 2-0 tomorrow.
Actually it would put us at 11-2 but i agree that we need these next three.
4 out of our last 5 are brutal so we cant slip up and lose any of these next three.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

win, win, win... and a win. That's how my heart sees it going down.

I would say this is the easiest stretch of the Big East season since the first 4 games - some folks think we could lose against UConn but if we played them 10 times, I'm confident we would win 9 of them. The really exciting stretch left is the last 5 games save for the blowout waiting for DePaul - can't wait for that series of games. Let's Go Orange!

Agree, RF. If SU can beat Marquette, then I think 14-4 will be enough to win the conference this year . . . but that Georgetown-Marquette sequence looks tough - emotional game on a Saturday as the Hoyas come to the Dome for the last time in BE play, then fly to Milwaukee to play a tough MU team on Monday.

that's what makes these next three so important - have to keep banking wins against the lower tier teams, because 4 of the last 5 are against the Hoyas 2x, Louisville and Marquette.

Agree, RF. If SU can beat Marquette, then I think 14-4 will be enough to win the conference this year . . . but that Georgetown-Marquette sequence looks tough - emotional game on a Saturday as the Hoyas come to the Dome for the last time in BE play, then fly to Milwaukee to play a tough MU team on Monday.

that's what makes these next three so important - have to keep banking wins against the lower tier teams, because 4 of the last 5 are against the Hoyas 2x, Louisville and Marquette.

...and why the Villanova loss--a game we had in hand if MCW doesn't miss the front end of a one-and-one--is potentially costly...

I don't see us losing at home this year once again. The game at Marquette is the toughest game on the schedule, yet I think we actually match up well with them this year. They don't have the knockdown shooters they have had in years past. I may be optimistic, but I would not at all surprised to see this team finish 15-3 in the conference. Win one or two more in the big east and there is your one seed.

...and why the Villanova loss--a game we had in hand if MCW doesn't miss the front end of a one-and-one--is potentially costly...

we definitely gave that away, but we stole the cincy game, so they kinda cancel each other out. considering the way the louisville, cincy, and nova games went we're lucky we went 2-1 in that stretch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom