SU is good at not fumbling when they're sacked over and over and over | Syracusefan.com

SU is good at not fumbling when they're sacked over and over and over

Millhouse

Living Legend
it's shocking that we're 31st in turnover margin considering that our qbs are sacked more often than they drop back (sometimes they get sacked before they have a chance to drop back)

we're only 86th in fumbles lost

it's shocking that we're 31st in turnover margin considering that our qbs are sacked more often than they drop back (sometimes they get sacked before they have a chance to drop back)

That ball gets tucked early.

It's not like he's being blindsided by a blitz. It's coming right at him.

Can you two please stop taking about balls getting tucked and stripping.
we have to attack the A gap all night. changing the subject what did you think of the game?

I'd imagine that it's part of the tuck and duck approach. TO's have a much greater impact on win/loss than penalties (holding and such) and sacks.

There's a reason why they have a least a chance the last two weeks when they shouldn't have.

Who would have thought that Babers would embrace a punt is a good play more than Doug or Scott.

He's playing to the relative strengths of his team and trying to get the game to the fourth quarter, just like the other guys did.

Practice apparently makes perfect. Our QBs lead the league in practice being sacked. Its far from a surprise.

If SU doesn't show they can adjust and deal with these sacks, we will see more and more and more. Why not?

This post somehow did not Jumpstart my enthusiam??

This post somehow did not Jumpstart my enthusiam??

Just do what the others on here do to ward off the depression.

Complain. Call for the heads of the AC's on pikes. Diagnosis the reasons for failure and recommend changes. And don't forget to belabor the obvious as in "We need to recruit better".

Once you get this down, dealing with frustrations during the basketball season and the lacrosse season is easier.

If doing what other fans do doesn't "jumpstart" you enthusiasm, here's what I recommend.

I m having a lot of trouble believing this team and the coaching effort is as bad as it has looked.

I KNOW the SU FG kicker is a good kicker. But he has missed. But that can't continue.

I know the punter is better than he has looked on many kicks. He's bound to come back to established form

I'm sure that there are offensive sets and plays that we can execute better than what we have seen. I don't think the OL will get much better, but HCDB is going to have to plan around that. He's a smart guy. He'll do better."

I'd recommend the "blanket party" approach from "Full Metal Jacket" with bars of soap wrapped in towels as the proper accountability for the next OL guy that jumps. ("From now on when Ryan Alexander draws a illegal motion penalty I will not punish him. I will punish all of you!"

We have plenty of receivers. We'll have to find the ones that can catch the ball in a game. The others can sit or do push ups or wind sprints.

I know there are ways to slow down a blitz and punish teams for it. And these are not secrets.

I feel that TD is going to start learning what to do and what not to do. He'll make fewer mistakes. He'll learn that he has to see more of the field and throw the ball quicker when under pressure.

We won't be great. But we will get better.

[QUOTE="Millhouse, post: 3148762, member:
[/QUOTE] SU good at not fumbling when getting sacked over and over

Kinda like telling a girl “You don’t sweat much for a fat girl”

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online