SU looking like #3 to SBN | Syracusefan.com

SU looking like #3 to SBN

Did you use accsportsnation?

I hadn't seen that site before. Thanks for pointing it out.

As an FYI to all SU lax fans, our best lax discussions are on the Lacrosse board of TheSabre.com. It's an independent board like this one, so anyone looking to post would have to register.

I hadn't seen that site before. Thanks for pointing it out.

As an FYI to all SU lax fans, our best lax discussions are on the Lacrosse board of TheSabre.com. It's an independent board like this one, so anyone looking to post would have to register.

The site is nothing now, I think it shut down. Just remember someone with a Hoo in there username, that's all.

I don't think I'd put much faith in Hoya Suxa.
Ranking the Tarheels at #2 seems questionable. How many times have we done that and they haven't made the final four? A little like crying wolf. Do they have a good replacement for M.Holman (80pts)?

Suxa. The Terps don't actually play in January or October. Oh Lord

Agree with the Maryland fan above not a great article. UNC has shown before they can't be trusted with a top rating and the loss of Holman is huge for them. I have no gripes with SU being #3 but I think people are underestimating the losses Duke had to graduation. I know Danowski is a great coach and theres still a ton of talent but they lost a lot and its not like Duke ran rough shot over the tourney field, they should have lost in the first round. I think UVA will rebound but I still think there not nearly as talented as some of the UVA teams of the past decade plus. Maryland could be scary good by April/May, only issue I see is relying on mostly Freshman usually ends up costing a team at some point when they hit the wall and can they keep everyone happy. ( I feel the same about Syracuse by the way, as far as getting enough PT for everyone)

I feel somewhat the same about Duke as you do. But they do return alot. They essentially only lose their starting midfield. They do have Jones and Class returning, and have a top recruit Bruckner coming in, and they could always shift an extra attackman out there if they need more punch. Probably deserve the #1 ranking going into next year, but the Terps did beat them 16-7 last year, so I am not handing them anything.
Virginia has some very good players, but they certainly don't appear to have any of those great offensive players that they have been known for in the past. Cockerton had a very nice year as a finisher last year, but they really need some other guys to rise up and fill out the rest of the attack: J.Pannell, Lukacovic, Van Arsdale, French?? Zed Williams is certainly a big talent, but the jump from Buffalo high school to the ACC is a big one, so he might need a year to get up to speed. LaPiere being back should get UVa back in the NCAAs but I would start them off around #10.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cusethunder

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom