SU on Grantland again | Syracusefan.com

SU on Grantland again

Imagine we had another year of Hackett and Nassib in that offense? Would have been Big 12 type #s.

Plus the D?

yikes

A couple of infractions from those clips:

The LT of the Bears was a clearly downfield illegally
The WVU C and possibly RT were 3 yards downfield when the pass was thrown

I wonder if NFL referees will start to call this more closely.

I don't want this to turn into a "taking of sides" in the Marrone debate - but I'm rooting for the Bills for the first time in my life.

A.) Good press like this (innovation, football, and Syracuse in the same sentence is awesome)
B.) I liked pretty much everything outside of how he left from his time here - and it would be cool to see another alum make some noise in the coaching ranks at the highest level.

This is exactly why McDonald needs to keep things super simple. We were on one hell of a roll at the end of last season. I'm still bitter at Marrone. A couple more years and we really could have won the ACC.

1. I've never heard any of this context or further explanation around the "Two weeks before the season, we changed the whole offense" quote. When I first heard it, it sounded like it wasn't part of a plan that they were working on all summer.

2. Too bad they didn't include any video of the prolific 2012 SU offense.

Last season was so refreshing. Offense in college is just crazy explosive right now, and it was such a welcome change to see that on a weekly basis from our program.

Kudos to Marrone and Hackett on making the call to shake it up.

Nice read, looks like we have explosive slot guys ready to go!

2. Too bad they didn't include any video of the prolific 2012 SU offense.
No video, but I remember that last play, where the TE goes through the seam from last season. Nassib threw that pass a lot the last half a season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom