SU opens -10 over Seton Hall... | Syracusefan.com

SU opens -10 over Seton Hall...

690West

Moneyline Master
I don't have a feeling either way with that line cuz I think we win by exactly 10

I don't have a feeling either way with that line cuz I think we win by exactly 10

Seton Hall seems to give us a lot of tricky games lately... in our game there in 2010 they got out to a big lead in the first half and we had to stage a comeback, in 2011 there it was just a low-scoring ugly game in the 50s that was very close up until the final minute, and in 2011 in the Dome they came in and just kicked our ass.

That said, I agree that a comfortable 10-12 point win seems probable.

They've lost 10 of their last 11 games by an average of 10.8 points. The only team they have beaten recently is USF. If we don't blow them away by more than 11, it will be an indicator that we are not surging down the stretch.

Seton Hall seems to give us a lot of tricky games lately... in our game there in 2010 they got out to a big lead in the first half and we had to stage a comeback, in 2011 there it was just a low-scoring ugly game in the 50s that was very close up until the final minute, and in 2011 in the Dome they came in and just kicked our ass.

That said, I agree that a comfortable 10-12 point win seems probable.

Do we have enough offense to be "comfortable" beating anyone left on our schedule? We might win, we might even cover, but every game left will be a messy, close dogfight, IMO.

Do we have enough offense to be "comfortable" beating anyone left on our schedule? We might win, we might even cover, but every game left will be a messy, close dogfight, IMO.

I know our confidence in this team is a little low after that UConn game, but while many on here refuse to acknowledge it... UConn is a GOOD team. They have a high RPI, high quality wins (including Michigan St.) and not a single bad loss all year.

Seton Hall is genuinely terrible. They have an RPI of 115 and their only win in their last 11 games was at home vs. USF. If our zone is active and aggressive, this game really shouldn't be a problem assuming there isn't some Keith Friel-esque guy ready to shine for them.

Despite our recent struggles, Seton Hall is not the type of team that will give us trouble. They don't play enough defense to create problems for our guards like UConn did and offensively they just arent very good. I would expect CJ to have a big game in points and especially rebounding after getting pulled at the end of the UConn game.

I would give the points tonight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Next 2 games are absolute must wins if we win to keep our chances alive for the BE regular season title. Hall, PC, DePaul are games we have to win; then we still have Ville, Marquette and GTown twice.

5 losses probably wins (or gets a share) of the title this year, so we have to go 5-2 at worst, which is easily doable if win those 3 games we should, then winning 1 of MU/UL and splitting with GTown.

Next 2 games are absolute must wins if we win to keep our chances alive for the BE regular season title. Hall, PC, DePaul are games we have to win; then we still have Ville, Marquette and GTown twice.

5 losses probably wins (or gets a share) of the title this year, so we have to go 5-2 at worst, which is easily doable if win those 3 games we should, then winning 1 of MU/UL and splitting with GTown.

I would be very disappointed with a split with GTown. I know they've been winning, but this is still a team that played a 37-36 game and a 49-48 game. As bad as we think our offense is, we look like the 80's Lakers compared to them offensively. I want both of those games.

I would be very disappointed with a split with GTown. I know they've been winning, but this is still a team that played a 37-36 game and a 49-48 game. As bad as we think our offense is, we look like the 80's Lakers compared to them offensively. I want both of those games.
Those games will not be easy. I actually think the game in the dome will be the more difficult game. Both teams will be tied for first place and will be a ridiculously important game. By the time we play them in DC it may not mean anything. Or it could mean everything.

The game next saturday is the biggest game in the dome in years.

I know our confidence in this team is a little low after that UConn game, but while many on here refuse to acknowledge it... UConn is a GOOD team. They have a high RPI, high quality wins (including Michigan St.) and not a single bad loss all year.

Seton Hall is genuinely terrible. They have an RPI of 115 and their only win in their last 11 games was at home vs. USF. If our zone is active and aggressive, this game really shouldn't be a problem assuming there isn't some Keith Friel-esque guy ready to shine for them.

I very much agree about UConn. Their guards might be the best combo in the BE. I did NOT base my response on the loss to UConn (even though some here were predicting that to be an "easy" win as well). I have felt that SU is limited on O since December and that this flaw will make any game, on any given night, against any given team, a challenge.

But don't get me wrong. I believe that SU's defense gives them a chance to beat ANY team in the country. But the offense...dogfight.

I know our confidence in this team is a little low after that UConn game, but while many on here refuse to acknowledge it... UConn is a GOOD team.
Eh, maybe. I think the confidence hit has more to do with our performance. I still look at their roster and the final score and think we must have played our walk ons the whole game.

F UCon.

With 3 straight BE road losses against unranked opponents, I'm hoping for some sense of urgency and fire in our guys to stop the bleeding and the ugliness that's left behind. Don't recall us ever losing 4 straight on the road against unranked opponents, certainly, not while being ranked in the Top 10.

True but the only one that can be considered a possible bad loss is Nova. Pitt at the Pete is still a tough place to win and they are ranked now and have a Pomeroy ranking less than 10 so there is no shame in that. Losing at Uconn when it is their game of the year is not tragic either. With that said, tonight would be an ugly loss. I dont think its gonna happen though.

Agree with this. All the stuff is fine and in good fun, but they are a pretty good team. 40th at Pomeroy. Not a great team, but as I said after the game, I'm willing to bet whoever wins the title will have a similar loss somewhere along the way.

I'm sure I'll jinx the game, but Seton Hall is real bad, as you say. And we're still really good. Also, if we don't beat Providence pretty comfortably at home and blow Depaul out, I'll be disappointed/surprised

True but the only one that can be considered a possible bad loss is Nova. Pitt at the Pete is still a tough place to win and they are ranked now and have a Pomeroy ranking less than 10 so there is no shame in that. Losing at Uconn when it is their game of the year is not tragic either. With that said, tonight would be an ugly loss. I dont think its gonna happen though.

The 'Nova loss was definitely a bad loss. What bothered me the most about our loss to UConn, wasn't that we lost, but that it just appeared we were uninterested, lackidaisical and played with no passion or ire. I don't care if it was UConn's big moment, etc. because of the post season bans, imo, just no excuse for that kind of performance against a rival opponent.

SU has been poor in the BE on the road, with the exception of Louisville. We are poorer on the road offensively than at home. I see us having major problems at Marquette and Georgetown. As of right now, Porter is the Player of the Year in the Big East. They play sold defense and at times are offensively challenged. It sounds like another team we know!

Those games will not be easy. I actually think the game in the dome will be the more difficult game. Both teams will be tied for first place and will be a ridiculously important game. By the time we play them in DC it may not mean anything. Or it could mean everything.

The game next saturday is the biggest game in the dome in years.

I agree they won't be easy. But I still expect to win them. We are better. And we don't lose at home...especially to them.

Our defense has been consistently good and our offense has been very erratic and mostly bad.

This team is so inconsistent I don't feel confident about any game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom