SU ranked. ... | Syracusefan.com

SU ranked. ...

PalmBeachOrange

Walk On
There is a website (that shall remain nameless...to not promote gambling) that crunches numbers like Sagarin does. They rate 120 teams each week. What they weigh heavily is offensive yardage gained and defensive yardage allowed and who and in what league your opponent is in. Meaning Syracuse doubling NW in yardage is weighted more heavily than the final score. Also doing it to a Big Ten team is worth more than say a Mac team. I know the final score is all that matters in past games. These rankings are for future games. The offensive stats they use are more numerous than total yardage of course but that sums it. A play such as Smith's backwards pass/fumble would have no bearing on this ranking, nor would the punt return. So this must be taken for what it's worth. Which in my opinion isn't much. But with that said......Syracuse is ranked 19th out of 120 teams. One spot ahead of Missouri and one spot behind Oklahoma. They also rate Florida State #1, so take that for what it's worth.

There is a website (that shall remain nameless...to not promote gambling) that crunches numbers like Sagarin does. They rate 120 teams each week. What they weigh heavily is offensive yardage gained and defensive yardage allowed and who and in what league your opponent is in. Meaning Syracuse doubling NW in yardage is weighted more heavily than the final score. Also doing it to a Big Ten team is worth more than say a Mac team. I know the final score is all that matters in past games. These rankings are for future games. The offensive stats they use are more numerous than total yardage of course but that sums it. A play such as Smith's backwards pass/fumble would have no bearing on this ranking, nor would the punt return. So this must be taken for what it's worth. Which in my opinion isn't much. But with that said......Syracuse is ranked 19th out of 120 teams. One spot ahead of Missouri and one spot behind Oklahoma. They also rate Florida State #1, so take that for what it's worth.

WE'RE #19!*

I wonder if all this would fit on the back of a T-Shirt ...

I don't think FSU has given up a TD yet, which is absurd.

Paging Holy Shirt...

All kidding aside, the best way to justify / validate such analysis is to win games like the one we have on Saturday. No excuses--time to beat the teams that are in front of us. I can think of no better way to head into the BE portion of the schedule than to defeat a B1G team on the road and head into the bye week with momentum, with an extra week to reintegrate Pugh / Fleming and gameplan for Pitt.

good graph. I bet its used for betting purposes. Personally feel like ND is a top 5 team right now

What's Minn ranked?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom