SU Recruit Derrick Jones and his Monster Dunk | Syracusefan.com

SU Recruit Derrick Jones and his Monster Dunk

Looks like that fella needs a sandwich. What's with the tights?

So...this has probably been covered already, but with no scholarships available, what are they going to do if they land Bryant or Jones? Can they take a scholarship away from a player? Seems like sketchy business.

So...this has probably been covered already, but with no scholarships available, what are they going to do if they land Bryant or Jones? Can they take a scholarship away from a player? Seems like sketchy business.

Seriously? Have you not been paying attention? Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, MCW, Ennis, Grant, etc. I seriously doubt lack of scholarships is going to be any kind of problem.

Seriously? Have you not been paying attention? Dion Waiters, Fab Melo, MCW, Ennis, Grant, etc. I seriously doubt lack of scholarships is going to be any kind of problem.

Sorry. I thought it was a legitimate question. Call me ignorant I suppose. Yet, you didn't really answer my question. Anyone have some constructive insight as to what actually happens in these situations?

Sorry. I thought it was a legitimate question. Call me ignorant I suppose. Yet, you didn't really answer my question. Anyone have some constructive insight as to what actually happens in these situations?
Betting on someone leaving early. If that doesn't happen, someone has it explained to them that there won't be any playing time available to them, and, if they would like to play, their best bet is to transfer, most likely one of the guys from last years class that would be the odd man out.

Betting on someone leaving early. If that doesn't happen, someone has it explained to them that there won't be any playing time available to them, and, if they would like to play, their best bet is to transfer, most likely one of the guys from last years class that would be the odd man out.
Thanks. I understood the implication of players declaring early, but was wondering what would happen if this didn't happen. I wasn't sure if there was any NCAA regulations about schools revoking scholarships.

Thanks. I understood the implication of players declaring early, but was wondering what would happen if this didn't happen. I wasn't sure if there was any NCAA regulations about schools revoking scholarships.
There is a push by some for scholarships to be guaranteed for 4 years, and at one time they were. Technically, scholarships are now for only 1 year but are renewable. Of course, it looks pretty bad if you just revoke a scholarship so you'll rarely, if ever, see that. More often a bleak picture is painted, and a player is encouraged to transfer, if the coach wants to create an opening.

If he puts on 15-20, this kid becomes an absolutely mister

Every year we go thru different scenarios where some are wondering what's to become of the team because of a perceived lack of scholarships. Yet somehow, miraculously, as if by magic...it always seems to work itself out.
Seriously, isn't it safe at this point to assume that JB and his staff know what they're doing? :rolleyes: