SU snow birds in Fl? | Syracusefan.com

SU snow birds in Fl?

SBU72

All Conference
During the game you could hear cheers when SU made plays. Very loud. They announces 10,000 in attendance and mentioned the USF is like in the top 20 student body, How could there be a significant SU presence if they have that many students and that "small" an arena? I mean they showed the fairly large section of orange in the upper deck towards late in the game. And now that USF is supossedly truned up the recruiting with updated center and a new practice facitlity, what are they going to do when the BE falls apart? Where are they going?

Its winter break still I am sure that cost them a couple thousand in the student section.

Our fans always turn out for road games. Many don't live in CNY and its just not day trippable for many fans and alums...and good luck getting a room at the Sheraton for a Saturday when there is a game... So you go see the Orangemen when they come to the city you live in.

Boston College has ZERO fans a truly pathetic fanbase (wasn't always this bad but its disgraceful now.) Saw them play Indiana recently and there was literally only 500 people there. But when they start playing us again the ticket will be impossible to get since it will be their biggest game of the year like Duke or UNC is now and our alums in Boston will all want to go.

We need more NC road games since our fans are so good. Look at NC St last year for example.

During the game you could hear cheers when SU made plays. Very loud. They announces 10,000 in attendance and mentioned the USF is like in the top 20 student body, How could there be a significant SU presence if they have that many students and that "small" an arena? I mean they showed the fairly large section of orange in the upper deck towards late in the game. And now that USF is supossedly truned up the recruiting with updated center and a new practice facitlity, what are they going to do when the BE falls apart? Where are they going?
I lived in Tampa & Temple Terrace (next to USF) for over 20 years and the CUSE has a good following in the Tampa area. Back in the 80's & 90's before DirecTV and personal SAT dishes, CUSE fans would be a fixture at local sports watering holes and numbering opposing fans. I since moved to ATL but quite a few of my Tampa CUSE fans friends said they were at the game. USF started out as a commuter campus, but has since grown and developed into a very nice campus and draws students from across US. FWIW, my firm (that includes several CUSE grads), designed quite a few projects on the USF campus. I do hope they get into a good conference, they deserve it!

Tampa is a Syracuse suburb--just another home game (or so I heard on ESPN).

I saw an Otisco Lake sign during the game. Relatives of Swish?

There were a lot of orange in the crowd, but I don't think there was anyone under the age of 60. Good showing, though.

There were a lot of orange in the crowd, but I don't think there was anyone under the age of 60. Good showing, though.
Lower level had maybe 15%. Cuse fans overwhelmingly controlled the upper deck...overall had to be at least 50/50.

I saw a Cuse game at the South Florida arena when Johnny Flynn and company played and the place was filled with Cuse fans.

Lower level had maybe 15%. Cuse fans overwhelmingly controlled the upper deck...overall had to be at least 50/50.
I think we had at least 2 to 1. Upper deck all orange and filled. Lower deck almost solid green. Half the solid green were the empty green-backed chairs though. Upper deck most definitely had the 55 and over restrictions enforced. Glad my wife and I and two east coast Florida friends made the cut. My son (under 55..... thank god for that) is an actor and faked it. Nice cozy arena for watching a college game.

When vacationing in Florida, I have been to a couple SU-SF games. The Florida alumni club organizes something for that game which accounts for some of the fans, but both games were at least 50/50. Great way to SU with option for better seats. Their upper deck is not like seeing a game at the Cap Center in DC which I have done a couple times. In that setting you are up pretty high, but still an amazing show of SU support.