SU snubbed by the NCAA again | Syracusefan.com

SU snubbed by the NCAA again

We had a top player on the list - Carmelo Anthony, That makes sense.

We did not have one of the great "teams". Looking at the teams since 1990, the 2003 Syracuse team does not really belong on that list. I would also argue for the removal of the 1997 Arizona team (had a nice run but they were a 5 seed) and the removal of the 2004 UConn team (not elite). The rest of those teams were elite during the regular season and tourneys, and were clearly the best teams in those years (perhaps that is a stretch for 1994 UNC).

As for best moments -- we did get the 1996 Georgia game. A good argument could be made for the Warrick block being on that list. To me that is the only valid omission.

Haks block belonged on there. Problem is, of the moments that actually involved on court play, they rewarded offensive moments.

If I may borrow a line from Tin Cup:

People won't remember that your name made it on one of these lists, but my God they'll remember your block!

People remember the block.

I am actually surpirsed that Hak's block is not in over the Georgia game. Yes there was a series of memorable moments in that one game -- but it was a Sweet 16 game. -- this was the deciding play of a national championship!!

I am actually surpirsed that Hak's block is not in over the Georgia game. Yes there was a series of memorable moments in that one game -- but it was a Sweet 16 game. -- this was the deciding play of a national championship!!
Maybe Hak's shot over Georgia. But maybe the shot wouldn't have gone in if he hadn't blocked it. The Georgia game Was won by two incredible plays.

The Hak block was absolutely huge. That '96 Georgia game remains one of the best games I've ever seen.

[edit] Let me clarify: The final 5 minutes of regulation and the OT were unbelievable. I don't even remember the game before that. There are several old BE games between SU-GU, SU-SJU, SU-UConn that were better start to finish games.

I am just thankful that Richmond over SU no longer makes it onto these kind of lists.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...-top-teams-players-moments-in-tourney-history

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/21362587/our-experts-pick-apart-the-ncaas-top-teams-players-and-moments[/quote]

SU's treatment seems reasonable to me.
'96 Georgia game was one of best ever.
Hak's block preserved a win...but who knows what would have happened had he not made it.
Might have included '75 win over Kansas State to get to Final 4...but tough to exclude any of NCAA's moments.