SU Softball pulls huge upset vs #2 in ACC VT | Syracusefan.com

SU Softball pulls huge upset vs #2 in ACC VT

How's the future look for this team in the ACC OE? Can we close the gap on the top 2-3 teams? Gotta be hard to do for a Northern school with any regularity…

FSU will be tough to overcome but they have more than held their own vs Louisville

This year two #1 pitchers went down, junior Lindsay Taylor with torn bicep & the Canadian National pitcher Jocelyn Cater due to transfer grades. With them SU could have been #2 in ACC

2015 class has some nice players

One Im very high on is the shortstop

If rumors are true that our new chancellor wants to cut back spending on the minor sports I hope he leaves Coach Leigh out of any cut backs. She's a great coach and the reason for this northern university's success in a southern/western sport

FSU will be tough to overcome but they have more than held their own vs Louisville

This year two #1 pitchers went down, junior Lindsay Taylor with torn bicep & the Canadian National pitcher Jocelyn Cater due to transfer grades. With them SU could have been #2 in ACC

2015 class has some nice players

One Im very high on is the shortstop

If rumors are true that our new chancellor wants to cut back spending on the minor sports I hope he leaves Coach Leigh out of any cut backs. She's a great coach and the reason for this northern university's success in a southern/western sport

I agree OE. There are a couple of coaches I would hate to lose… Women's Lax and FH are right on the precipice of winning a title. I'm torn with women's hoops. Seems like we have dumped a ton of money into Q's program and gotten very modest returns. His staff and auxiliary staff, at least via the website, is larger than the mens… On the men's side, the CC and soccer coaches are doing fabulously. Ugh, with the money from the ACC, why would we not continue to invest, as opposed to pull back. I simply don't understand faulty logic sometimes!

The girls upset the Hokies again!!!

The seniors went out in style.

The last I knew Shirley Daniels had 2 hits

Jasmine Watson hit a grand slam to put SU up 4-0

Sydney O' Hara had a no hitter going into the 6th inning

Final score 7-3

Well done ladies
OE, how about a list of those recruits!!! And ic Cater still at Syracuse?

So, who do they play next?
They had some rainouts but I think they won't be making those up.

The Orange (24-24, 12-12 ACC) will now await its seeding the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament, but is locked into either the sixth or seventh seed. The tournament begins Thursday, May 8. Virginia Tech (32-20, 19-9 ACC) will enter the ACC Tournament as either the second or third seed.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/4/27/SB_0427145915.aspx#.U16SL0nD9Lg

http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/championship_w-softbl

Last edited:
Great job by the ladies! Love hearing about ALL SU teams who are doing well!

She's a home run hitter...get back get back get back.
That jingle is going to be in my head all day now. I coach LL softball (actually coached coach Leigh's daughter one year at FM). Those jingles drive me crazy but if I tell the girls not to do them I'll sound like the "get off my lawn" guy so I just live with them.

They had some rainouts but I think they won't be making those up.

The Orange (24-24, 12-12 ACC) will now await its seeding the Atlantic Coast Conference Tournament, but is locked into either the sixth or seventh seed. The tournament begins Thursday, May 8. Virginia Tech (32-20, 19-9 ACC) will enter the ACC Tournament as either the second or third seed.

http://cuse.com/news/2014/4/27/SB_0427145915.aspx#.U16SL0nD9Lg

http://www.theacc.com/#!/page/championship_w-softbl

ahhh, I thought these games were the ACC tourney. my bad.

That jingle is going to be in my head all day now. I coach LL softball (actually coached coach Leigh's daughter one year at FM). Those jingles drive me crazy but if I tell the girls not to do them I'll sound like the "get off my lawn" guy so I just live with them.

They'll never leave your head sabach...ever.

12-12 (ACC) without their #1 pitcher, that's not bad. I wish the paper mentioned these kids once in a while.
Thanks for the updates OE.

12-12 (ACC) without their #1 pitcher, that's not bad. I wish the paper mentioned these kids once in a while.
Thanks for the updates OE.
It could have even been better with the Canadian pitcher who was viewed as a potential #1 too.

With Cater and Taylor I had predicted a very good year for them even though the team was very young. Sydney O' Hara far exceeded expectations and could be in for national freshman of the year.

It could have even been better with the Canadian pitcher who was viewed as a potential #1 too.

With Cater and Taylor I had predicted a very good year for them even though the team was very young. Sydney O' Hara far exceeded expectations and could be in for national freshman of the year.
Is Cater still at Syracuse OE?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom