SU Softball Watch Here Now | Syracusefan.com

SU Softball Watch Here Now

Su wins 4-2, plays the winner of LIU Brooklyn-Arizona State which takes place at 9:30 tonight

Our next game is at 4 PM tomorrow

Lisaira Daniels was 3 for 4 with an inside the park HR. Stephanie Watts had two hits

Stacy Kuwick started the game went 4 innings gave up 2 runs

Jen Caira went 3 in relief and gave up no hits, no runs. Only 2 batters reached base on her, one by an error the other by strikeout/passed ball. She had 4 K's and no BB's. Todays win by SU is their 2nd ever in NCAA action. Last year they upset LSU 1-0 at College Station. SU went into this game vs Long Beach State 0-3 against them all time.

In other NCAA 1st round action:

Big East Scores

Notre Dame beat Hawaii 7-3

South Florida beat UCF 1-0

DePaul 3 UMass 0

Louisville Over Valpo with a 3 run walk-off to win 6-4 with 2 outs.

The Big East went 5-0 on the day.

SEC Results

Florida Gulf Coast upset Florida 1-0

LSU 1-0 over Texas St

Georgia over Coastal Carolina 13-3

Michigan 3-2 over Kentucky (We beat Michigan earlier this year)

Portland St over Mississippi St 2-0

Houston over Auburn 2-1

Boston U ahead of Arkansas 1-0 in the 2nd

ACC Scores

South Alabama over Georgia Tech 4-3

VPI 4-1 over UAB

UNC 2-1 over Georgia Southern

San Diego St 1-0 over Florida State

Texas Tech up 6-1 over Maryland in the 7th

Big 12 Scores

Northwestern upset Texas 2-0

Stanford 1-0 over Baylor (We beat Baylor)

Wow, surprised they started Kuwick. I guess they want to save Caira for the big guns.

Wow, surprised they started Kuwick. I guess they want to save Caira for the big guns.
The thinking was get as much out of Q & bring in Jen if Q started to get hit. Stacy only gave up 1 hit through 3 innings. In the 4th LBST ripped three straight hits and scored 2 to tie the game. We got the two back in the bottom of the 4th to go up 4-2. So Leigh brought Jen in and she got the job done and neither pitcher got worn out. The game time temp was 96 I believe, tomorrow it's supposed to reach 98.

It was nice to see Syracusefan folks on the live blog.

LBST - not that there's anything wrong with that :p

BTW, you say the game is at 4pm tomorrow, but the live blog on suathletics said 1pm. I assume your 4pm is EST and their 1pm is PST?

BTW, you say the game is at 4pm tomorrow, but the live blog on suathletics said 1pm. I assume your 4pm is EST and their 1pm is PST?
Yes

TempeBracket.jpg

Hopefully game is on TV tomorrow and SU pulls off the upset.
I don't think it is but you can watch it here & have live blog & game tracker.

#5 Florida, #6 Texas & #12 UCLA all went down today so you never know. Arizona St though is far superior to all of those teams. They are 38-2 at home and average 7.2 runs per game.

The Bracket

Nice win by Syracuse. Interesting that both teams threw their No. 2 pitchers to start then went to their aces later in the game.

Arizona State can hit the ball. Going to be a tough matchup. ASU will have their strikeout pitcher going most likely, but she gives up the gopher ball on occasion. Caira's going to have to be on her A game for the Orange to have a chance.

Nice win by Syracuse. Interesting that both teams threw their No. 2 pitchers to start then went to their aces later in the game.
Arizona State can hit the ball. Going to be a tough matchup. ASU will have their strikeout pitcher going most likely, but she gives up the gopher ball on occasion. Caira's going to have to be on her A game for the Orange to have a chance.

Coach Ross stated it very well, the first year they were just glad to be there. Last year they wanted to get their first win in the NCAA's and they did. This year they want to be playing on 5/31.

By winning yesterday it saves them a game so they can give it their best shot. No matter what happens they have represented themselves, their families and the university in a very proud manner. Being ranked in the top 25 is going to be very helpful on the recruiting trail. The team & coach Ross are showing girls across the country that you can play in the northeast and be competitive on the national stage and at the same time get a great education.

SU has played a schedule to prepare them for this kind of competition

We played 19 games this year against teams in the tournament. We were 10 & 9 against them (Did I miss anyone?)

1 California lost 3-6
12 UCLA lost 3-6
13 Arizona played twice lost 1-11 & 0-5
Northwestern who SU beat 9-3, Northwestern upset #6 Texas
Auburn we lost 0-5
Michigan we beat 4-2
Baylor we beat 2-1
Boston U we lost 0-1
DePaul beat 5-3 & lost 2-3
Virginia Tech we beat 5-0
North Carolina we beat them 6-2 (UNC lost to Georgia 3-2)
Notre Dame we beat 8-2, 3-2 and lost 3-4 ( UND beat Hawaii
South Florida we beat 2-0, 7-0 & lost 3-4 (USF beat Florida Gulf Coast 6-0)

Last year we played 11 of the teams who are in this years NCAA's we had an 10-11 record against them

#15 Louisville we were 5-0 against the same pitching staff they have now
#2 Alabama Lost 0-9 & 5-20
Hawaii Beat 3-2
Florida lost 0-2
Vlapariso beat 6-0
S Fla lost 1-3, 3-7, 0-4
Notre Dame lost 2-9, 4-7
UMass beat 2-1 lost 0-2
DePaul beat 2-0
LSU beat 3-0 lost 0-5
Texas A&M lost 5-13

Forum statistics