SU Standing Out to Ga. RB George Morris | Syracusefan.com

SU Standing Out to Ga. RB George Morris

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
steve-mcqueen_normal.jpg

KeithRIVALS Keith Niebuhr

Central Gwinnett (RB) George Morris will OV to #FIU (11/11), #ECU (11/18) & #Syracuse (12/09). Says FIU and Syracuse stand out

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/football/recruiting/player-George-Morris-116453

http://georgia.At their request, th...from this site./a.z?s=135&p=8&c=1&nid=5181738

Nice find. I remember hearing about this kid awhile back and that he is legit. Not sure when or from whom but the name sticks out. Good size, good speed, better commit soon though unless he's one the coaches are already counting as in.

Some good offers, too, from a state we're really getting into. Alot of the high-ups on recruiting are saying that GA is now producing better talent than FL. Take that however you wish, but making in-roads are starting to really pay off, it seems.

Central Gwinnett is also home to WR Malachi Jones, someone Syracuse was showing interest in this fall.

My route to work takes me right past his school in the morning. Maybe he's seen my window decal and license plate cover everyday and it's been driven into his subconscious.

LOL!!!

My route to work takes me right past his school in the morning. Maybe he's seen my window decal and license plate cover everyday and it's been driven into his subconscious.

LOL!!!

Well, keep doing it! Maybe paint your car orange and blue and put Otto on the top of your roof just in case ;)

Well, keep doing it! Maybe paint your car orange and blue and put Otto on the top of your roof just in case ;)

and a speaker system next to OTTO that just keeps chanting LETS GO ORANGE!!!

Today was their final game of the season. At 4-5, entering the game, I'm not sure if they'll be in the playoffs. So much for seeing him play in HS.

Today was their final game of the season. At 4-5, entering the game, I'm not sure if they'll be in the playoffs. So much for seeing him play in HS.

I just DVRd the Stephenson game so I can watch Parris ... I haven't seen Central Gwinett play though ... its awesome how they carry a lot of high school games on TV down here.

Boy, that would be a nice get. If we can walk out with two of the McFarlane/Lynch/Morris trio, I will take that in a heartbeat.

I just DVRd the Stephenson game so I can watch Parris ... I haven't seen Central Gwinett play though ... its awesome how they carry a lot of high school games on TV down here.

interested to hear your thoughts on Parris after having a look.

interested to hear your thoughts on Parris after having a look.

Will do .. probably won't watch until tomorrow ... issue is Stephenson has not one but two legit BCS level RBs ... throwing isn't exactly necessary with their OL and backfield ... but will try to see how well he blocks and moves ... and hopefully they pitch a few his way.

Some good offers, too, from a state we're really getting into. Alot of the high-ups on recruiting are saying that GA is now producing better talent than FL. Take that however you wish, but making in-roads are starting to really pay off, it seems.

FIU and ECU are good offers?

Vandy offer= good grades + interest from another improving program. (I like their coach)

Vandy offer= good grades + interest from another improving program. (I like their coach)

Plus even if they're the worst team in the SEC. We can still say we beat out an SEC team for him. ;)

Vandy has been on a tear in recruiting this year. They are nothing to laugh at.

an answer to our needs for sure. Kid looks very solid and plays against a high level of comp. Really hope we land him

Kid looks very solid and plays against a high level of comp.
Craig Haubert from ESPN Recruiting watched him play last night against the #2 team in the state, which is also ranked in the Top 25 nationally, and tweeted:

Nice effort tonight by Central Gwinnett RB George Morris -not much wiggle but he ran hard -broke tackles -made most of the plays for his Off

And then he confirmed what the Rivals writer said:

George Morris told me after the game #Syracuse #ECU & #FIU are 3 standing out to him - 1st OV to FIU next week then ECU 11/18 & Cuse on 12/9

I think Morris would be a GREAT get. SU has a good history with running backs named Morris.

FIU and ECU are good offers?
I don't know the nature of his particular recruitment, but you need to take into consideration the fact that we're in November now in a recruiting cycle that has dramatically sped up over the course of the past 5 years. There are many more high schoolers commiting during the Feb-June period than ever before.

I think that explains why we're seeing kids with Big 10 offers or ACC offers looking at what we would consider "lesser" schools - the ECU and FIU's of the world. Schools are running out of room much earlier than ever before.

I'll take kids with Big 10 offers that the schools run out of room for all day long. We can build a very solid program out of recruits of that profile. Wayne Morgan is another one.