SU v ND 2003 | Syracusefan.com

SU v ND 2003

All4SU

Duos Cultores Scientia Coronat et Go Aureum
Watched the replay on ACCN yesterday. A couple things really jumped out. That team was just so incredibly athletic. I am a big fan of Girard and Quincy and Dolejaz and Buddy. But watching that game, I don’t think there was one player on last year’s squad who would have gotten minutes in 2003 except Hughes. By the end of their careers they might compare well, but on a simple 2003 to 2019 comparison, I just don’t see it.

Wish I caught this. Dang.

Would love to watch 2003 SU ND football as well.

Is that the game where Hak threw the ball to the top of the Dome to run out the clock and JB lost whatever hairs on his head as he did it? That was awesome.

Is that the game where Hak threw the ball to the top of the Dome to run out the clock and JB lost whatever hairs on his head as he did it? That was awesome.
Yes. So bizarrely funny. ND certainly could have caught it and shot.

I would love to know what JB said to Brey.

"What the -- was that?"

or

"What the -- was he doing?"

my memory of the end of this game, and I don't want to anyone to tell me i was wrong, was that Gerry got the easiest look at the game winning 3 pointer. Like, we just had someone dribble down, then pass to our best shooter wide open in the corner for an easy 3. No attempt to guard him all that closely.

The Hak play is so funny to me, because it is totally the right play. He just did it too early!

my memory of the end of this game, and I don't want to anyone to tell me i was wrong, was that Gerry got the easiest look at the game winning 3 pointer. Like, we just had someone dribble down, then pass to our best shooter wide open in the corner for an easy 3. No attempt to guard him all that closely.

The Hak play is so funny to me, because it is totally the right play. He just did it too early!
Everyone on ND expected Melo to take the shot.

Good thing we play in a Dome. If that game took place in a smaller gym, the ball would have hit the ceiling. What happens then? ND ball? Go to the arrow?

Good thing we play in a Dome. If that game took place in a smaller gym, the ball would have hit the ceiling. What happens then? ND ball? Go to the arrow?

If it hits the ceiling and goes in, it's a "own goal". :D

Chris Thomas was a solid PG for Notre Dame. That was way back when ND players shaved their heads for the ncaa tournament.

Yeah, I watched the first 38 minutes from a restaurant at Union Station and then had to board a train to NYC for work. So I made my wife give me play by play over the phone. She told me that we got fouled at the end and I’m screaming into the phone “who got fouled,” and she replied in a sort of flustered/terrified tone “I don’t knooooooow.” So I hope it’s GMAC and say “is he white?” And she says “I can’t teeeeeell.” Then she says, “he missed” and then “but we got the rebound” and then “OH NOOOOOOO!!!” And I’m screaming into the phone “what happened, what happened?” And then she just said “don’t worry about it, they won.”

But watching that game, I don’t think there was one player on last year’s squad who would have gotten minutes in 2003 except Hughes.

Who is the most recent SU player who would have started on that team?

Well since Coach only goes seven deep that would leave a few future NBA players seeing the game from the bench.

I would love to know what JB said to Brey.
Lol, He was complaining to the opposing coach Brey about Warrick, his own player whose decision to throw the ball in the air with 5 second left he was shaking his head at.

Lol, He was complaining to the opposing coach Brey about Warrick, his own player whose decision to throw the ball in the air with 5 second left he was shaking his head at.
Yup I don’t think there’s any doubt that was the topic. Unjust want to know the words he chose. Bret looked dumbfounded. Of course maybe he was in shock because his team had a lead and got steamrolled.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom