SU vs Duke at 6 PM | Syracusefan.com

SU vs Duke at 6 PM

Meaning it is most likely a College Gameday atmosphere. Throws my Saturday plans into a bit of a wrench.

Does anyone know how Gameday works? Is it only students that can go or anyone with a ticket?

Not when your wife doesn't care about Cuse basketball. :-/
What time would she prefer? Probably afternoon so you and she could go out on Saturday night? Unfortunately, what she may not understand is that even if the game is played in the afternoon, you will be totally useless the rest of the day. If we get killed, you will be looking for a place to curl up, suck your thumb, and rock. If we lose in a close game, you will be agitated and either need to drink, go for a 5 mile run, or both. If we by some miracle WIN (a distinct possibility, mitigated somewhat by the fact that Jones and Reddish will be playing) then you will be out of your mind and your whereabouts may become unknown until the next morning!

My husband doesn’t care about SU sports either, but would never think of getting in my way about it. But we’ve been married 47 years and I have him reasonably well trained.

GOOD LUCK!

Does anyone know how Gameday works? Is it only students that can go or anyone with a ticket?

anyone at all can go. No ticket required to attend GameDay. At least it was this way last time it was here.

Reactions: cto
Usually it’s only open to students.

I was a student at the last one and it was open to anyone. I passed on it because I worked an overnight shift and wasn't that pressed to see Gameday.

I was a student at the last one and it was open to anyone. I passed on it because I worked an overnight shift and wasn't that pressed to see Gameday.

I remember the last time it was here. Cool experience. Not sure if I'd do it again though.

anyone at all can go. No ticket required to attend GameDay. At least it was this way last time it was here.

It absolutely is a ticketed event. Not paid but when I was in the ticket office I had tickets I handed out to friends. Not sure the process but you'll know it if it's announced

Gameday is open to everyone. You might need a "ticket" but it is just for headcount purposes. They will be free. Probably something you get through the SU athletics website and print out, again for free. ESPN does not let the schools charge for admission. The seats closest to the front will be reserved for students, however.

Being the 6pm start does not automatically make it GameDay. The Saturday before (2/16) they just announced Duke vs NC State would be at 6. And Tenn vs Kentucky will be at 8PM and GameDay will most certainly be at Rupp

Edit: 2/16 weekend is NBA All Star weekend so ESPN does not have to worry about GameDay being at 8PM competing with their NBA game on ABC at 830 since the dunk competition will be on TNT so that weekend might be an outlier.

Last edited:
They should do basketball gameday on the Quad. Good run-through for when the football version comes in September.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennie87

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom