Women's Softball - SU vs North Carolina: May 6-8 | Syracusefan.com

Women's Softball SU vs North Carolina: May 6-8

JMU is the team that the player committed suicide, which started a dialog on social media about mental health and student athletes.

I remember John Wildhack was asked after a few months on the job as the SUAD if there were any surprises or unexpected things he had come around since he took the job.

He responded immediately by saying yes, one big surprise. He did not expect to see so many athletes struggling with mental health related issues. Said college is a really stressful time for all students, but student athletes are particularly susceptible to experiencing mental issues.

Said it was clear SU was not doing enough to support its student athletes dealing with these issues and that it was going to be a huge priority of his to get a top notch support system in place ASAP.

I believe he followed through on this.

We see these athletes acting as cool as a cucumber doing incredible things with 20, 30 or even 50 thousand people watching them and forget they are just kids.

Syracuse got a commit from the Maryland state player of the year last year. Name of Madison Knight. What happened to her?

Still in HS?

Is there a list of syracuse softball commits for this class. I think a girl from Ct signed with us. I would like to check. Never mind, got it.

Last edited:
Syracuse won 6-2. UNC came into the series needing just one win to qualify for the ACC tournament (and eliminate Syracuse). Now the game tomorrow is an elimination game.

Kudos to this team for never giving up. It would be awesome to make the ACC tournament but even to get to this point is a good accomplishment.

Syracuse won 6-2. UNC came into the series needing just one win to qualify for the ACC tournament (and eliminate Syracuse). Now the game tomorrow is an elimination game.

Kudos to this team for never giving up. It would be awesome to make the ACC tournament but even to get to this point is a good accomplishment.
they have the 14th ranked recruiting class coming in next year.

Can’t help but think of Orangeyes whenever SU’s softball team is mentioned. He was a huge superfan of the women’’s softball team. ❤️ .Funny because I played on a softball team with his wife eons ago and never realized she was Orangeyes wife till we met again decades later.

They finished ACC play 7-15. But ended winning 4 of their last 5. That excellent finish got them into the tournament.
Overall record ended up 25-20. I think that is the first time in a long while they have had a winning record.

Nice accomplishment. This team has a lot to be proud about. The top 2 pitchers are a sophomore and a frosh. There is a lot of young talent out there. The future looks bright.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom