SU vs. RU NY TV Ratings | Syracusefan.com

SU vs. RU NY TV Ratings

Madbiker

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Reg Season Rcd
According to a report in the NY Post today the RU-L'Ville game on ESPN2 pulled a bigger audience than SU-WVU on ESPN at the same time. The RU game pulled a 1.5 rating in NYC vs. a 0.7 for the SU game. Sorry I can't give a link...it's only in the morning print edition not online. Somewhat surprising and just one game. I have to assume there is a ratings reason why almost all SU games are carried live on SNY in NYC market and most RU games are not.

we went through this yesterday. That number includes counties in new jersey

that is the only number I care about

2.2 v 1.4
.7 v .4

'Brand'

we went through this yesterday. That number includes counties in new jersey

Correct includes counties surounding Rutgers campus and excludes all of Upstate NY. Not hard to get a higher rating. The real NYC itself probably had 0 rating for both as no one there watches college football.

SU in ACC.
Rutgers in Big East.

That is all I care about. All this bickering over who owns NYC is really irrelevant now. It was promoted to secure SU's spot at the table. And we acheived that with our ACC invite. Gross had great vision to see that angle years ago.

SU in ACC.
Rutgers in Big East.

That is all I care about. All this bickering over who owns NYC is really irrelevant now. It was promoted to secure SU's spot at the table. And we acheived that with our ACC invite. Gross had great vision to see that angle years ago.

I enjoy Rutgers trying to rationalize their value. Swofford, Delany, ESPN - these people are not idiots. Rutgers is irrelevant and destined for fading even further into irrelevance and there's nothing they can do about it.

The argument is NYC.

1/3 of the NY DMA is NJ. That will skew to Rutgers HEAVY, probably 4:1.

Take away NJ, and I bet SU wins the other 2/3 by a not too close margin.

It is possible to run county data. Wish I still had access to the Nielsen database, but alas...

According to a report in the NY Post today the RU-L'Ville game on ESPN2 pulled a bigger audience than SU-WVU on ESPN at the same time. The RU game pulled a 1.5 rating in NYC vs. a 0.7 for the SU game. Sorry I can't give a link...it's only in the morning print edition not online. Somewhat surprising and just one game. I have to assume there is a ratings reason why almost all SU games are carried live on SNY in NYC market and most RU games are not.
Yup. RU football is more popular in the counties that surround RU than SU is. Though it is not popular there or anywhere else for that matter. College football, for that matter is not popular in the NYC DMA at all.

This is why the Big Ten passed on RU, SU and UConn. None deliver the NYC market for college football. No one does because there really isn't one.

But it really doesn't matter. The war is over. Time to look forward. Sorry we won't be playing you any more.

Is there anyway to get a state by state breakdown? Is that not what conferences would be looking at as far as broadcasting their networks?

Is there anyway to get a state by state breakdown? Is that not what conferences would be looking at as far as broadcasting their networks?

The way the media markets are broken down, I think, is by county and zip code when they really drill down beyond DMAs.

The way the media markets are broken down, I think, is by county and zip code when they really drill down beyond DMAs.

So if the B1G wanted to put their network in NYC would a school in NJ, being in that area but not the same state, acheive that desired result?

FYI, from the Twitter:

espnmikes Mike Soltys

ESPN/ESPN2’s ratings since Friday impacted by an encoding error. We expect revised #s for last few days when sorted out.

FYI, from the Twitter:

espnmikes Mike Soltys

ESPN/ESPN2’s ratings since Friday impacted by an encoding error. We expect revised #s for last few days when sorted out.

Oh this could be fun. Wonder if that NJ.com guy Liucci will post a retraction of his prior article if the numbers dictate as much?

Oh this could be fun. Wonder if that NJ.com guy Liucci will post a retraction of his prior article if the numbers dictate as much?
Of course not, he'll just post pictures of the RU players chopping their wood until his eyes bleed.

GottliebShow Doug Gottlieb

Tim Pernetti-Rutgers just released a statement saying their AAU status/TV Market make them viable-Uh Tim,no one in NYC watches Rutgers on TV

Rutgers has brought the term "wag the dog" to new heights. It's obviously working to some extent, because they do a remarkable job of recruiting, for a program that has accomplished virtually nothing since its inception.

Other than the 2006 season, what has Rutgers ever done in football?

One game was a blowout the other as a nailbitter.

I hope the Rutgers-L'ville game had a bigger audience!

In 100 years, RU football and basketball combined have had 1 meaningful game. Quite frankly, Rutgers blows.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom