SU women vs Pitt | Syracusefan.com

SU women vs Pitt

NKR1978

Living Legend
They're crushing Pitt right now on SNY. I've watched bits and pieces of SU women's games in the past but have gotten bored pretty quickly. This is a really good team offensively with reliable big men and really good guards. Obviously they're not at the level of uconn or Notre Dame but would be nice to see them do some damage in the NCAA. Saw a bracket where they're a 7 seed. If they don't move up I bet there will be one really disappointed 2 seed that sees syracuse waiting for them in the 2nd round.

Agreed, except they are "reliable big women". Oh, actually that sounds worse.

They are playing well and fun to watch today, really hope they can end the year strong and continue to make progress in the years to come.

Kind of sad that our women's team is pretty good and the crowd is TINY.

You can also see the main difference between a top 10 women's team and a top 25 team. Top 10 have good basketball players who are also good athletes. Top 25 teams have good basketball players who are average athletes.

Kind of sad that our women's team is pretty good and the crowd is TINY.

I remember when uconn burst into the Connecticut sports consciousness and how it just kind of came out of nowhere in their 1995 undefeated season. Would never expect to get that kind of support but if we could get a run of success and a top 10 ranking I bet we could get some nice crowds depending on the opponent. I wonder if they could do a double header starting the women's game first to trick the crowd into watching the women's game.

The announcer just said this is the SU women's fourth 20 win season in a row. I am flabbergasted. They sucked for so long I had no idea what a difference coach Q has made. I don't expect then to become another UConn. But it's still pretty neat.

The announcer just said this is the SU women's fourth 20 win season in a row. I am flabbergasted. They sucked for so long I had no idea what a difference coach Q has made. I don't expect then to become another UConn. But it's still pretty neat.

I'm really happy for Q. I wanted him fired if we missed another tournament, but his recruiting has picked up. Would love to see them get to the Sweet 16.

They have had runs in the last WNIT's to get over thee 20 win mark handily.

They actually have a chance to finish third in conference behind ND and . Pretty impressive.

The Melo Center has had such a huge impact for the men, imagine what it's done for Q and company...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom