Substitution Pattern... | Syracusefan.com

Substitution Pattern...

bpo57

Living Legend
Lately for almost every competitive game, SU ends up playing four of their guys the entire second half. You can't keep playing 38 minutes a night without risking some sort of slippage in play in the last five minutes. You can argue whether Grant and Cooney should see more time. I can see other side of that argument. But it is tough to get away with playing the same four guys the entire second half and nearly all of the game. It's gonna bite you on the derriere because when you need them to dig down and make big plays at the end of the game there is less of a chance they will come through with tired legs. And I know our press stinks but it also makes it harder to press late in the game for the same reason. JB has to find a way to integrate Grant and Cooney effectively if even for a few more minutes each game or else this problem will only get worse.

JB isn't going to play Grant and Cooney more than a few minutes (all in the 1 st half) unless a starter breaks a leg. Resign yourself to it and lower your blood pressure.

I don't understand it either. It would make more sense if the subs had played terribly in the first half, but they didn't. They were fine out there.

JB isn't going to play Grant and Cooney more than a few minutes (all in the 1 st half) unless a starter breaks a leg. Resign yourself to it and lower your blood pressure.

It's my one criticism of JB because I think the lack of substitutions directly lead to the miscues at the end of games.

Whatever. Grant was playing really well prior to Southerland coming back and all thy earned him was a spot on the bench. JB has nobody to blame for his lack of bench other than himself. I know the JB apologists are out in full force tonight, but there's no other way to spin it. It's irritating beyond belief.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom