Such a good feeling when you get to the elite 8 | Syracusefan.com

Such a good feeling when you get to the elite 8

Marsh01

Living Legend
Last year walking back to the hotel after we lost to Ohio State I was pretty depressed (as I'm sure everyone was). We had gotten past the halfway point and were one game away to the final four. Losing that game really stung. When would we get back? Its so freaking hard to make a regional final and we let it slip through our fingertips.

Heading into the Sweet 16 last year I felt the opposite of this years matchups. I was pretty confident we would beat Wisconsin (and was thrilled we didnt have to face Vanderbilt) but I knew that Ohio State was waiting. I watched them live in Pittsburgh and in Boston and was praying that someone would take them out. It didnt happen. With Fab being suspended I knew that they were the real one seed and we were the 2 seed and we would have a really tough time beating that team. I was trying to stay positive during the game and kept the faith but deep down I knew as the second half progressed that we were probably going to fall short.

Fast forward one year. Heading into the sweet 16 games I had the same feeling about Indiana that I had about Ohio State. I was worried that we would not score enough, that we may turn it over too much, that they would hurt us in transition. I also knew that if we got past this game I would be more confident than ever that we were going to be headed to the final four. The tough game was last night and although we have a very difficult game tomorrow having been there last season will help this team big time.

One more game and we enter the final stage to our quest for another championship.

To me it is just the level I feel our program should be at. The Sweet 16 is nice, but to routinely only get that far has really worn on me over the years. Plus the pure excitement knowing that we have to win just one game to get to the Final Four is awesome.

Elite 8 is my yard-stick for an excellent season. Anything beyond is gravy.

I'm hoping for a boatload of gravy this year.

Has SU ever had back-to-back Elite Eight appearances before? This is the first that I can recall.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom